Something seems broken with Quicken eBill -- Mar. 27

If I add New Braunfels Utilities it doesn't connect and adds it to a queue.  If I try to add Center Point Energy, it spins while searching for the name.  I've tried this three times now starting around 7 a.m. today and it is 1:00 pm and it is still having problems.  I have to Force Quit Quicken each time (and then I reboot just to be safe because I can't tell what is fouled up).

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    If I add New Braunfels Utilities it doesn't connect and adds it to a queue.  If I try to add Center Point Energy, it spins while searching for the name.  I've tried this three times now starting around 7 a.m. today and it is 1:00 pm and it is still having problems.  I have to Force Quit Quicken each time (and then I reboot just to be safe because I can't tell what is fouled up).
    Hello @Perry Smith

I am sorry to hear about these issues with account connections as well as with the program crashing. Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community in search of discussion and assistance.

Are you noticing issues with connections on your accounts associated with financial institutions or billers besides Center Point Energy and New Braunfels Utilities? Also, what error messages - if any - have you noticed recently? I recommending first restarting your computer when this occurs in order to see if the issue is resolved. Lastly, what version of Quicken are you running? You can check this anytime by going to Help > About Quicken in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open. Make sure that your software is completely up to date by checking the number you see in the menu with the release version indicated in the link provided below:

https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-mac-release-notes

I look forward to hearing any updates you may be able to provide once this has been attempted.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Perry Smith
    Perry Smith Member ✭✭✭
    I'm using Version 6.6.2 (Build 606.43218.100) on a M1 Max Apple MacBook Pro.  macOS is 12.3

I've restarted Quicken as well as rebooted several times.  The issues seem to continue.
      - Point Energy and New Braunfels Utilities? I don't think so.  NBU seems to be the magic key here.

I added the NBU account a few days ago.  It was in the queue to be added (Pending eBiller).  I removed it and then tried to do other things.  Things seemed slow / wonky.  I tried to quit and it would not quit.  I had to force kill it (again).

There is something wrong with the Quicken background task that is adding eBillers.  Please have someone check into it.  It might be just NBU but something is definitely wrong.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    I'm using Version 6.6.2 (Build 606.43218.100) on a M1 Max Apple MacBook Pro.  macOS is 12.3

I've restarted Quicken as well as rebooted several times.  The issues seem to continue.
      - Point Energy and New Braunfels Utilities? I don't think so.  NBU seems to be the magic key here.

I added the NBU account a few days ago.  It was in the queue to be added (Pending eBiller).  I removed it and then tried to do other things.  Things seemed slow / wonky.  I tried to quit and it would not quit.  I had to force kill it (again).

There is something wrong with the Quicken background task that is adding eBillers.  Please have someone check into it.  It might be just NBU but something is definitely wrong.
    @Perry Smith,

Thanks for getting back to me and providing further information about the situation. I am sorry that this issue is still unresolved.

After checking internally, I can confirm that there should not be any issues with Center Point Energy. I recommend trying again after 24-48 hours or so. There may be some current problems with New Braunfel Utilities as we show that the biller has been degraded. We cannot provide an ETA but it is being investigated.

I look forward to hearing any updates you may be able to provide.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Perry Smith
    Perry Smith Member ✭✭✭
    I got Center Point Energy to work.  I gave up on New Braunfels Utilities and I'm just going to do Check Pay for now.  I also sent them a Snail Mail letter explaining my disappointment in them. 
This discussion has been closed.