blank "Reconcile" pop-up on startup

paladin
paladin Member ✭✭✭
Windows 10, Quicken Deluxe R39.23
I'm getting this pop-up after online updates. Anyone else getting this? [See image]

[Image Replaced to Remove Private Info]
Quicken Windows User since 1992

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    paladin said:
    Windows 10, Quicken Deluxe R39.23
    I'm getting this pop-up after online updates. Anyone else getting this? [See image]

[Image Replaced to Remove Private Info]
    Hello @paladin,    

I apologize about this problem with pop-ups emerging after a One Step Update. Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community for discussion and support regarding this issue.

When did you first notice these pop-ups appearing? Also, do the pop-ups appear to be associated with one of your accounts? If possible, I recommend restoring from a backup saved prior to when this began to occur by going to File > Restore a Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen, in order to see if this message still appears. We recommend saving backups frequently for use in situations such as these by going into the same menu and selecting File > Copy or Backup File... in the menu mentioned previously. 

I look forward to hearing the results from attempting a backup restoration, and I intend to continue discussing this with additional recommendations in the future, if they prove necessary.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • paladin
    paladin Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Hi Jared,
    Thanks for the prompt response.
    The problem started approximately a month ago, but I am not exactly sure. For that reason, I simply cannot afford to restore from a backup. There would be too many transactions to record, and it would generally be a hassle. In answer to your other question, yes, this pop-up appears to be associated with one of my 5 investment accounts at Merrill Edge. I have tried various approaches, including deactivating, resetting, toggling automatic entry, toggling "reconcile using online balance." I've tried validating my Quicken file. I do feel like this problem coincided with the most recent Quicken update. I have wondered if this issue might have something to do with the way I track cash in the account, as I prefer not to record transfers in and out of a Money Market Fund and just work off of a cash balance. But then, this pop-up issue does not occur with any other Merrill Edge account.
    p.s. thank you for editing out personal info. I had included it so the viewer could get an overview of the screen, but I know it's unadvisable to share images like that!
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Note I have seen that dialog.  I get it when I download transactions for investment accounts that have the "Reconcile using online balance" checkbox selected on the Account Details -> Online Services tab.

Investment accounts really can't use the online balance for reconciling.  It is a bug that setting is even there.  But what's more it seems like they are half in half out of providing this functionality.  It never used to popup that dialog before, but recently it has happened, and I have had to turn that off so that it doesn't popup.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • paladin
    paladin Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you Chris_QPW. Yes, I seem to have banished the pop-up by not tracking the money market funds, and then toggling off "reconcile using online balance." I agree with you that this "blank" popup is a problem that has recently appeared. I'm hoping that the techs will eventually discover it and resolve it in an update.
This discussion has been closed.