R39.23 - issues

This updated yesterday to the above version. My Quicken will no longer perform a one step update for my bank accounts. It only updated the investment accounts. I tried numerous times, each time I have to go into task manager and close out quicken. Is it necessary to be a member of quicken? I notice that I can buy 2022 for half price and download it.

Can this be fixed? and how????

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Fran101,

I think you need to give us more information before we can determine whether we can assist. 

If you have downloaded version 39.23 of Quicken you are on the current version.  I am not sure what you mean by "Is it necessary to be a member of Quicken" - because there are no "members" of Quicken.  If you have a current Quicken subscription - your application should be working which includes being able to "perform a one step update".  If it cannot do that, then there is a possibility that your Quicken datafile has become corrupted or there may be some other problem that causes this problem.

I would suggest that you contact Quicken Support tomorrow during business hours via this LINK for more hands on assistance.

Frankx  

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Fran101
    Fran101 Member ✭✭
    I am a subscriber. I did troubleshoot by doing a validate and super validate on my data file, no issues found. My internet connection is working. I plan on calling support later today. My platform is Windows 10. I've been struggling with the problems going on with Capital One, now it looks like it's spreading to all of my accounts.
  • MikeS 18
    MikeS 18 Member ✭✭
    Agree with the original poster. One Step hangs and I have to kill the process to get out. Fidelity and Chase Credit works. Schwab, Capital One, Paypal Credit all hang the program. Capital One was broken but the others working until the previous update and R39.23 didn't help. Validated and Super Validated to no avail.
  • Fran101
    Fran101 Member ✭✭
    So sorry, it's crippling
  • BobB1993B
    BobB1993B Member
    I have a similar problem running the R39.23 version of quicken. When I try and set up a download for Capital One or Charles Schwab Quicken freezes up and I need to turn the computer off to get out of the lockup. This problem is about 2 weeks old. Any suggestions will be appreciated. BobB
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frankx said: - because there are no "members" of Quicken. 
    Unfortunately - Quicken has muddied the waters by just tossing words around .... Membership, Subscription, Cloud -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    BobB1993B said:  Quicken freezes up and I need to turn the computer off to get out of the lockup.
    You should be able to use the old - Ctrl-Alt-Del to bring up Windows Task Manager - and then KILL the Quicken task -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• BobB1993B
    BobB1993B Member
    Thanks.
  • latchkey25
    latchkey25 Member
    Having the same issue I believe. On version R39.23. Haven't updated in a while. When I clicked on update it gave me a message to migrate file to upgrade your connection. Did what it said and everything seemed to work, but then when I try to update my Schwab update settings, Quicken just hangs and I'm forced to close it with task manager. This has obviously been going on since earlier this year. Does anyone have a fix yet?
  • latchkey25
    latchkey25 Member
    I'm on Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property version. This is the first problem I've ever had with Quicken not pulling in updates for my accounts.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    latchkey25 said: Having the same issue I believe. but then when I try to update my Schwab update settings, Quicken just hangs
    Is this just with Schwab - as there was a MAJOR change in the manner that Schwab performs their download ...
    Did you walk thru the MAJOR Schwab changes a little while ago ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.