No option to add financial institution "Charles Schwab & Co., Inc."

Up until March 15, 2022, my Schwab accounts were synching properly until I started getting "Reauthorization" messages. I followed all instructions to get out of this message, but it didn't work. I called Quicken Tech Support and all he did was validate my file and told me to find "Charles Schwab Co., Inc." to add it but I don't have it and he says "he has no idea why" and to call Schwab. Called Schwab and they claim I should be able to choose it. The tech combed their knowledge base to help me and he couldn't find anything. He advised to uninstall/reinstall Quicken which I did and updated to the latest version to no avail.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? I would really appreciate any help or tips.

Comments

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    So - when you click on the ADD Account - and try to add Schwab - you don't get this result ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or this?

The list of available financial institutions is kept in the fidir.txt file available at
    Windows (C:) > ProgramData > Quicken > Inet > Common > Localweb > Banklist > 2019
    and I assume one of the other "Support" groups had you look in that file?

• Thanks to you responders. I checked the fidir.txt file and do see the Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. but not as an option as you both posted above in the above images. I found an article to download and refresh this file by going through Online Center, but it didn't work. Anyone have an idea to repair this file or this connection to this file? As I mentioned, I've already uninstalled/reinstalled the app.

Thanks again for the help.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Up until March 15, 2022, my Schwab accounts were synching properly ....
    ok basics.....   What version - Starter - Deluxe - Premier - and the Release -
    ... Help --> About Quicken - and what is the expiration date listed ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• I have Quicked Starter Edition on Win 10 Enterprise, Version R39.23, Build 27.1.39.23
This discussion has been closed.