Why don't billing reminder update in the bill and income section?

I have a number of credit cards in my billing reminders. I usually try to update whenever I use Quicken to ensure that I don't miss a date for payment. However, I find that even if a new statement has been posted on the credit card site, Quicken will not update the billing reminder. This is an oversight that needs to be fixed.
Tagged:

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

My 2cents' worth, if I may:

I don't use Bill Pay services or Bill Manager at all, neither the one from Quicken nor the one offered by my bank. Since time "B.I." (before the Internet was invented) I have set up almost all of my recurring payments as Direct Debit, PAC Draft, Autopay, APS, whatever the biller calls it. Using the biller's website, I authorized the biller to electronically debit each payment directly from my checking or credit card account on due date. Now I can sit back, relax and wait for it to happen. Instead of having to wrestle with making payment on time I let the biller do all the work for me.

When I get notified of a new statement having arrived, usually by email, all I have to do in Quicken is to run a regular scheduled reminder to record the transaction. Haven't missed a payment in many years.

I recommend you do the same instead of fighting the Bill Manager windmill, missing payments and getting slapped with penalty interest rates or late fees.

This discussion has been closed.