Quicken Mac does not update price of a single ETF (BND) using one step update

Options
ronholl1
ronholl1 Member ✭✭✭
This seems to be happening over the last month or so and it is super annoying. I spoke to Quicken support and they really were no help, spoke to 3 people, first did not understand, second told me that's the way it works and the supervisor seemed to understand but was not helpful in passing the problem along and instead suggesting I manually update it. The entire support process was a disappointment so hope to get help from this forum.

I have stocks and ETF's, the prices update intraday whenever I hit the OSU button. I have noticed since around March 2 that I need to update the price of the one ETF (BND). I added the ETF to another account but still didn't update. When the Quicken guy added it to his portfolio, he said it updated.  When I rebuild the price history, it does update.

It must be my data causing the problem as so many of us have BND as a holding and they would be getting many calls if it just no longer updated regularly. Any suggestions on how to correct this or just be patient as it will probably fix itself at some point just as it seemingly broke itself.

Thank you.

Comments

• ronholl1
    ronholl1 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    If any Quicken people see this, the ticket number is 9391135. I would really like to see this resolved. Thank you.
  • ronholl1
    ronholl1 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Please, this is happening to my Quicken. The ETF BND does not update the price with One Step Update. I will call Quicken again but they were not at all helpful. It must be something about my data causing this as it does not seem to happen to others or we would know about it. Could someone knowledgable or from Quicken please respond to help me bring this to resolution?  Thank you.
  • ronholl1
    ronholl1 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Problem solved.  Thanks to Quicken Dan for looking at my data and asking me if I changed the "type" to Bonds. I must have done that so the ETF would show as a bond in the portfolio display but bonds don't update intraday. Changed to Stock and works fine. 
This discussion has been closed.