msn2022
msn2022 Member ✭✭
Quicken
1. Add new Account
2. Search for Coinbase
3. Finds Coinbase - Bitcoin Wallet
4. Create API keys with Coinbase Pro
5. Enter API key and API secret key into Quicken
6. Unable to enter API secret key because Quicken only allows 32 characters. API Secret key is much longer.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    msn2022 said:
    Quicken
    1. Add new Account
    2. Search for Coinbase
    3. Finds Coinbase - Bitcoin Wallet
    4. Create API keys with Coinbase Pro
    5. Enter API key and API secret key into Quicken
    6. Unable to enter API secret key because Quicken only allows 32 characters. API Secret key is much longer.
    Hello @msn2022

I am sorry to hear about this frustration situation with the API key and account connections. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community.

Unfortunately, Coinbase is not currently supported as crytpocurrency is not currently able to be tracked in Quicken.

However, a feature for cryptocurrency is currently planned for the future which is also the reason why Coinbase can be found in the financial institution list within your Quicken software. Though we are not able to give an ETA on when this implementation will be, I want to direct you to this Idea post that is marked as Planned. If you wish to be notified of updates as they become available, please feel free to bookmark the Idea thread by clicking the 'ribbon' icon on the upper-right corner of the post.

Unfortunately, we will not have any additional information available regarding Coinbase connections for Quicken until after the point at which functionality for cryptocurrency has been totally implemented.

I am sorry for this inconvenience and I do wish that I could provide more detailed information, but I hope the information I have shared will prove useful. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • checkyourmirrors
    checkyourmirrors Member ✭✭
    I would echo that same question, it is a Connected Bank and I will try it when my API is enabled and it would be helpful to know which API parameters to enable...
  • checkyourmirrors
    checkyourmirrors Member ✭✭
    Just FYI that I was able to get the Coinbase connection working however I would caution that you should create an API that ONLY provided Read access so the API could be used by anything/anyone.
This discussion has been closed.