Link AMEX bill to reminder fails

Options
When I try to link the AMEX bill to a reminder I'm prompted that "additional information" is needed to validate. It then asks to send a one-time password to my e-mail. I receive the e-mail, but in quicken the "add bill" window never changes to allow me to enter the one-time password.

Eventually it times out and reports "biller added" but then it never actually updates the bill. This has been going on for several weeks now. Transaction for those accounts download fine, it's just the bill. I've gone as far as deleting the account information and setting them back up, but same problem occurs.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Krillion said:
    When I try to link the AMEX bill to a reminder I'm prompted that "additional information" is needed to validate. It then asks to send a one-time password to my e-mail. I receive the e-mail, but in quicken the "add bill" window never changes to allow me to enter the one-time password.

Eventually it times out and reports "biller added" but then it never actually updates the bill. This has been going on for several weeks now. Transaction for those accounts download fine, it's just the bill. I've gone as far as deleting the account information and setting them back up, but same problem occurs.
    Hello @Krillion

I am sorry to hear about this issue with Bill Reminders. Thank you for seeking assistance here on the Quicken Community. 

First, log into your biller's website, and make sure that there is currently an amount due. Next, open Quicken and go into the Bills & Income tab, then select Online Bill using the button with the '+' icon in the upper right-hand side of the screen. Try to look for an option saying 'Try Again'. If - for some reason - you don't see the biller at all, try to add AmEx once again. Enter the usual credentials you would when accessing the AmEx website when prompted.

I look forward to hearing more about your results whenever you should have the chance to check back in with us. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 

• Krillion
    Krillion Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Jared,

I followed your directions. but again I get to the point where I have to enter my credentials and verify identify with a one-time password that is e-mailed to me. I receive the e-mail but quicken never provides me with the opportunity to enter it. It just sits on "authentication in progress" then times out.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Krillion said:
    Hi Jared,

I followed your directions. but again I get to the point where I have to enter my credentials and verify identify with a one-time password that is e-mailed to me. I receive the e-mail but quicken never provides me with the opportunity to enter it. It just sits on "authentication in progress" then times out.
    Hello @Krillion,   

I apologize that the issue is continuing. Thank you for checking back in with me and letting me know about the situation as it unfolds.

At this stage, I recommend reaching out to Quicken support by utilizing the contact information provided in the link I will leave you, here. They will be able to better assist you with the resources available at their disposal as well as document and investigate the issue further, if necessary. 

Feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.