Trouble downloading from Wells Fargo advisors

bnc0123
bnc0123 Member ✭✭✭
Is anyone else having issues downloading from Wells Fargo Advisors ? I am on Windows 10, Quicken Deluxe R39.23 . Quicken is not downloading any new transactions and using
Online center shows a big mismatch between local Quicken holdings and what was downloaded. This mismatch was NOT there before the One Step Update. I tried reseting and reactivating my accounts but that did not help. Downloads from other financial institutions are fine.
Tagged:

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    edited April 2022
    I am having the same issue.  I definitely have transactions that should have downloaded today.  It also looks like balance information being reported is as of 4/10/22 or so.  That is causing a large share balance difference in all of my Wells Fargo Advisors investment accounts.  I also tried reactivating the accounts without any success.
  • bnc0123
    bnc0123 Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the confirmation Damian :) Any speculation as to who is to blame ? Quicken or Wells Fargo ?
  • bnc0123
    bnc0123 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    I went to the Wells website and downloaded both the Quicken QFX file and the Excel file. I can see my new transactions in the Excel file. When I imported the QFX file it said no new transactions. I restored my Quicken data file from a week old backup and repeated the Quicken import. Some transactions were imported but not all of them.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    bnc0123 said:
    I went to the Wells website and downloaded both the Quicken QFX file and the Excel file. I can see my new transactions in the Excel file. When I imported the QFX file it said no new transactions. I restored my Quicken data file from a week old backup and repeated the Quicken import. Some transactions were imported but not all of them.
    Hello @bnc0123

I am sorry to hear about this ongoing issue with downloading transactions. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community. 

Had you previously imported and then later deleted any of the transactions that would be within the date range you are attempting to download and import now? Quicken will automatically filter out and prevent any such transactions from being 're-downloaded.'

Also, try opening a new file by going to File > New Quicken File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Next, select New Quicken File and click OK. Name the file as you desire and then click Save. This will serve as a 'test file' for Wells Fargo accounts, exclusively. Attempt to connect only your Wells Fargo account(s) by going to the Add Account button denoted by the '+' icon in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Connect these accounts by entering your credentials when prompted then attempt to download and import transactions as you would normally. I am curious to know whether or not this behavior continues in the new file.

I look forward to hearing your response, should you have the chance to check back in with us.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • I would have thought that more people would have noticed this issue, but it is deceiving because there is no error message for this issue and the last download date and time updates.  So on the surface, it looks like the update completed successfully, but the transactions did not download and the balance information is wrong.  Hopefully the people that can fix this issue will take notice. 
  • bnc0123
    bnc0123 Member ✭✭✭
    > @Quicken Jared said:
    > Hello @bnc0123
    >
    > I am sorry to hear about this ongoing issue with downloading transactions. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community. 
    >
    > Had you previously imported and then later deleted any of the transactions that would be within the date range you are attempting to download and import now? Quicken will automatically filter out and prevent any such transactions from being 're-downloaded.'
    >
    > Also, try opening a new file by going to File > New Quicken File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Next, select New Quicken File and click OK. Name the file as you desire and then click Save. This will serve as a 'test file' for Wells Fargo accounts, exclusively. Attempt to connect only your Wells Fargo account(s) by going to the Add Account button denoted by the '+' icon in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Connect these accounts by entering your credentials when prompted then attempt to download and import transactions as you would normally. I am curious to know whether or not this behavior continues in the new file.
    >
    > I look forward to hearing your response, should you have the chance to check back in with us.
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Quicken Jared 

Hello Jared and thanks for the quick response :smile:

1. I have NOT done any previous importing or deleting of any transactions
    2. I created a new Quicken file and connected to my Wells Fargo Advisor accounts. I then did a download of any new transactions and unfortunately this just recreated the initial problem. Everything is out of date by about 1 week.

Barry
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2022
    @bnc0123, @quicken Jared
    - Sorry for "butting in" here but I also created a new Wells Fargo Advisors investment account and got the same issue with current transactions not downloading and outdated share balance information.  It looks like the transactions for today are not being updated and the share balance information is as of 4/10/22.
  • bnc0123
    bnc0123 Member ✭✭✭
    Updated to Quicken R40.13 . Restored data file to Sunday April 17 backup . Problem returns after doing One Step Update :( Missing new transactions, balances and holdings data is out of sync by at least a week.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    bnc0123 said:
    Updated to Quicken R40.13 . Restored data file to Sunday April 17 backup . Problem returns after doing One Step Update :( Missing new transactions, balances and holdings data is out of sync by at least a week.
    Hello @bnc0123 and @Damian,  

Thank you for keeping in contact with me and for providing more detail about what is happening. I do apologize that this problem is continuing.

Currently, there is an Open Alert I would like to draw your attention to pertaining to Wells Fargo accounts and download issues that is relevant to the situation you are both describing. You can follow the discussion thread linked here for additional details and any available updates.

I hope that is helpful.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • bnc0123
    bnc0123 Member ✭✭✭
    Ugh 😣 with all due respect that Open Alert is close to being worthless.
  • bnc0123
    bnc0123 Member ✭✭✭
    Downloads from Wells Fargo resumed successfully today with Tuesday data. No downloads from Monday though :( . I tried various combinations of Quicken data file restores and QFX imports from the Wells Fargo site but was unable to download any of Mondays transactions. I had to enter the missing data manually. All balances and holdings data are in sync.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2022
    Same thing happened to me.  This morning everything is working as it should.  Today's transactions downloaded from Wells Fargo Investment Advisors, and investment shares and cash balance are reconciled.  But the transactions from Monday were still missing and I had to enter them manually. 

Yesterday, after the missing transactions and share balance issues, I restored a backup from 4/16, but then I got more errors (cc-800) with several other accounts.  I would restore each account and they seemed fixed, but each time I did an OSU, the cc-800 errors would reappear.  I restored the backup files several times, but the error kept reappearing.  I finally uninstalled Quicken completely, then restored the 4/16 backup.  That got me back to the original error with Wells Fargo Advisors share balance and missing transactions, without the cc-800 errors.  Not sure what caused the original error and domino effect of other errors, but it was pretty bad.  After some testing yesterday, I confirmed that the original error appeared after the OSU I did yesterday morning. 
  • bnc0123
    bnc0123 Member ✭✭✭
    Ouch, Quicken can be a nightmare some days, glad you got it all sorted though.
This discussion has been closed.