Automatic category assignment to payee

Options
How do I automatically assign a category to a payee; so that each month it shows the category rather than me having to assign it.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    harleymon said:
    How do I automatically assign a category to a payee; so that each month it shows the category rather than me having to assign it.
    Hello @harleymon

Thank you for inquiring about the subject of automatic transaction categorization here on the Quicken Community.

First, save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then follow the steps provided below:
    1. A transaction exists in the Memorized Payee List with a matching payee name with the category.
    2. The financial institution has associated a standard industrial classification (SIC) code with this transaction.
    3. You also have the option to edit the category from the memorized payee list (Click on Tools on the top menu bar, then select Memorized Payee List) and choose the correct category. This will then memorize the payee name to the correct category on future downloads.
    4. Automatic categorization is enabled.
    This should enable you to change categories for the transactions associated with certain payees so that this will be automatically changed in the register, going forward. You can read more about this process in the Support Article linked here.

I hope that is helpful. 

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.