CC-502 Error - Can no longer download from Citizens Access.

Since Citizens Access upgraded their site on 4/8/2022, has anyone been able to download transactions. I get an error "Oops. There is a connection problem. cc-502". I have no problems donwloading transaction from other banks or Vanguard. Had no problem with Citizens Access until 4/9/2022. Running on Windows 10 Home, Version R39.23, Build 27.1.39.23.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    Since Citizens Access upgraded their site on 4/8/2022, has anyone been able to download transactions. I get an error "Oops. There is a connection problem. cc-502". I have no problems donwloading transaction from other banks or Vanguard. Had no problem with Citizens Access until 4/9/2022. Running on Windows 10 Home, Version R39.23, Build 27.1.39.23.
    Hello @Gary Lee Ashford

I am sorry to hear about this problem with account connections. Thank you for getting in contact with the Quicken Community about this matter.

Have you tried refreshing the account(s) that are experiencing this error? You can do this by first saving a backup via the File > Copy or Backup File... option in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then following the instructions below:

1. Open the transaction register for the account with the error message.
    2. Click the Gear Icon in the upper right of the register and select Update Now.

Error When Updating Accounts CC-502

1. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.
    2. Repeat these steps for each account with this error.

You can read more about this error message in the article linked here

I look forward to your reply.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    This is how Quicken can access your bank -
    are you using Quicken One Step Update, or manually downloading from the bank ?
    18424    18424    18424    Citizens Access    https://www.citizensaccess.com/   
    1-888-201-6505    https://www.citizensaccess.com/    ACTIVE
    BANKING&WEB-CONNECT
    BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• I don't think there is anything wrong with quicken. I just wanted to know if anyone else was having problems. I just called Citizens (used to be citizens access) and they said it is a known problem and they were working on it. Thanks for your response.
  • Brian McDonald
    Brian McDonald Member ✭✭✭
    I'm having the same issue.  I received this from a customer service chat with Citizens.  It does not look super promising in the near term :/

"Hello, the issue is related to how clients and third parties are able to login to accounts. At this time we are only allowing clients to login to their profiles.

Unfortunately third party ETA has not been discussed as of yet."
  • sjmsing
    sjmsing Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    Having the same problem, frustrating. CC-502 error with One Step Update. I have tried the steps listed above without success.
  • Quicken Jared
    edited April 2022
    sjmsing said:
    Having the same problem, frustrating. CC-502 error with One Step Update. I have tried the steps listed above without success.
    Hello @sjmsing

I am sorry to hear that you are being affected by this error message as well. Thank you for reaching out about this and seeking assistance in this Quicken Community discussion.

At this stage, I recommend reaching out to Quicken Support by phone using the contact information in  following link: https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support. Phone support agents will be best able to document and troubleshoot the cause of this error. 

I hope this is helpful, and feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • thansen
    thansen Member ✭✭
    I have the same issue.

Is someone aware of an ETA for a fix?
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    thansen said:   Is someone aware of an ETA for a fix?
    Have you asked - Citizens - ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• thansen
    thansen Member ✭✭
    > @Ps56k2 said:
    > Have you asked - Citizens - ?

I have not but obviously I wondered if someone else had and would be willing to share that info.

I can share that they seemingly are working on the issue. When I try to set up online access for my Citizens Access accounts then I get a bit further in the process than yesterday... so I'm hopeful here.
  • Quser3758
    Quser3758 Member
    I'm experiencing the same Citizens Access connectivity problem since they upgraded their site.
  • EarlyUser
    EarlyUser Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same connection issue and have "gotten a bit further" with it recently, as well. I've been talking to Citizens about other problems I've had with getting to their new web site, as well. I doubt this is a Quicken problem at all. They seem to be highly dysfunctional right now - in my opinion - and I am going to be leaving them ASAP.
  • charlesfohner
    charlesfohner Member ✭✭
    I am able to access my citizens access accounts after 2 very long sessions with their support team, HOWEVER I cannot download from the accounts using Quicken for Mac. I think Citizens laid an egg.
  • Quicken Jared
    edited April 2022
    Hello everyone,

Thank you for bringing information to the Quicken Community about these issues with Citizens Access and errors preventing connectivity. I am sorry that you are being affected by these difficulties.

It would greatly benefit us in our efforts to work toward a resolution if everyone experiencing the symptoms described in this thread could submit program logs by going to Help > Report a problem... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. I encourage you to provide screenshots of the error messages you are seeing and then a brief a description of the issue when prompted.

Sending this information will help our teams to analyze and investigate the problem and work more swiftly towards solving the problem. The logs submitted will be utilized purely for analytical purposes and details and updates are currently unavailable, as is an ETA for a resolution.

Feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • charlesfohner
    charlesfohner Member ✭✭
    Today is May 24th and Citizens has still not solved their problem with downloading to Quicken and it IS Citizens problem. Total incompetence! I'll be switching banks.
This discussion has been closed.