PNC Direct Connect not working.

I have spent hours on the phone with both Quicken and PNC to no avail. My PNC Web connect works fine but not Direct Connect. This problem began last week. Prior to that, it always worked fine.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    georosnc said:
    I have spent hours on the phone with both Quicken and PNC to no avail. My PNC Web connect works fine but not Direct Connect. This problem began last week. Prior to that, it always worked fine.
    Hello @georosnc

I am sorry to hear that you are being affected by this error in connectivity. Thank you for reaching out about this here on the Quicken Community.

Currently, there is an Open Alert regarding PNC Bank and connectivity issues that is active and likely related to your situation. You may view the discussion linked here for additional information and any available updates. 

I hope that is helpful, and feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • georosnc
    georosnc Member ✭✭
    Apparently this has been resolved as this morning I was able to update my PNC checking account.
  • Mike Cianciulli
    Mike Cianciulli Member ✭✭
    The issues with PNC Direct Connect are annoying and seem to happen way too frequently. I have even attempted to switch connection type and I can't even do that any longer
  • Diogenes
    Diogenes Member
    Same issues with PNC. Downloading hasn't worked in weeks.
  • georosnc
    georosnc Member ✭✭
    Mine has been working but today again it won't download. Very frustrating
  • RogerRabbit
    RogerRabbit Member
    I spent hours on the phone with Quicken support just last week and they didn't bother to tell me there were lots of other people having the same problem.

I've done considerable debugging on my end. I've tried connecting with two different computers and then both those computers on a different network. Both computers behave identically. One has a brand new install of Quicken.

I'm beginning to suspect that Quicken does not have long enough timeouts on some of the direct connect calls. The connection fails consistently on both computers when connected to a wireless network (it has a bit more latency due multiple routers/access points). The connection works when hard-wired to my ISP modem. Quicken (or windows?) must also cache something about the network connection outside of the Qdata file as, in almost all instances, after connecting successfully hard-wired, the connection will work when switching over to wireless. But the next time you start up, it doesn't. Likewise if I load the Qdata file onto the second PC after the first just successfully connected wirelessly, the second computer will not connect wirelessly. But if I switch it to a hardwired connection, it connects. And then when switching to wireless, it connects again (for awhile).

Because it is so time intensive to switch back and forth, I can't say this is completely scientific - I've only tried this 3 or 4 times. But my results have been consistent.
  • georosnc
    georosnc Member ✭✭
    A lot of effort to solve a problem that shouldn't exist. This issue has been going on for months and should have been solved by Quicken
  • RogerRabbit
    RogerRabbit Member
    So true. There have been so many bugs lately causing an inordinate amount of troubleshooting (reminders are soooo problematic). I'm 30 years invested in this product so really want it to work.
    I've canceled by subscription which was set to renew in a couple of weeks. Without a reliable connection to my bank, QW is worthless to me.
    I tried Mint (which has no problem connecting with PNC) so will switch to that and use PNC's bill pay.
This discussion has been closed.