For 2 months, during download trans, Is this existing Trans this or that - Yes/No

During Transaction download - constantly asked "Is this existing transaction in account xxx - the same as the Transfer you entered. Regardless of choosing Yes or No - this continues to show every single download. Four (4) times I have to choose yes or no before being able to do anything else. Any ideas

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    AGrego3 said:
    During Transaction download - constantly asked "Is this existing transaction in account xxx - the same as the Transfer you entered. Regardless of choosing Yes or No - this continues to show every single download. Four (4) times I have to choose yes or no before being able to do anything else. Any ideas
    Hello @AGrego3

I am sorry to hear about this frustrating message appearing upon attempting to download transactions. Thank you for reaching out about this here on the Quicken Community.

Is this problem occurring when trying to download transactions from more than one financial institution? Also, when did you first notice this problem? If possible, I recommend restoring from a backup saved just prior to when this issue began by going to File > Restore a Backup... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. It is often advised that users save backups frequently by going to the same menu mentioned previously and selecting Copy or Backup File... as this will ensure that recent backups are available for situations such as these. If a backup can be restored, I am curious to know whether or not this behavior is continuing in the restored file. 

I look forward to hearing more from you about this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    I suggest you disable the Transfer detection preference: select Edit > Preferences...

• AGrego3
    AGrego3 Member ✭✭
    It’s been occurring since 03/02/2022 and it does not match any activity. I’m not willing to erase 2 months of daily work and just have to deal with this annoyance every time I download new transactions
This discussion has been closed.