Scheduled Update Start's Windows' Pop-up

Options
ZQkn
ZQkn Member ✭✭
On a date and time of my scheduled update, why the pop-up windows that asks for my vault and the file's PWs are actually hidden behind a program's window that is in use at that time?

Unless I minimize a program in use, I have no way of knowing that those windows are up and are requesting those PWs. As a result, the update process doesn't proceed until I minimize the program in use, see those windows and fill in the PW's info.

Why the pop-up windows aren't in front of a program that I use at the time?

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ZQkn said:
    On a date and time of my scheduled update, why the pop-up windows that asks for my vault and the file's PWs are actually hidden behind a program's window that is in use at that time?

Unless I minimize a program in use, I have no way of knowing that those windows are up and are requesting those PWs. As a result, the update process doesn't proceed until I minimize the program in use, see those windows and fill in the PW's info.

Why the pop-up windows aren't in front of a program that I use at the time?
    Hello @ZQkn,

I am sorry to hear about this issue with the user interface and password request windows being hidden. Thank you for inquiring about this matter here on the Quicken Community.

I am somewhat unclear as to when these password request windows are disappearing; is this happening when you are switching between programs or windows on your computer? Are the windows being sent to the back of the desktop queue even when Quicken is open and you are not using other programs and no internet browser windows are open?

I look forward to your replies, and I hope to continue working with you on this issue, further. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 

• ZQkn
    ZQkn Member ✭✭
    Options
    Jared,
    The problem is that the window never appears, to begin with. It never pop-ups at a scheduled update weekday/time. It is just sitting behind a program I might use at the time. At one time I discovered it there, and since then, as I am aware about a due scheduled update, I minimize window of a program I am using and start filling info that those windows require. That is, PWs for my vault and the file where the update is due.
  • efishinsea
    efishinsea Member ✭✭
    Options
    I agree and also have this issue with 2FA prompts which lock up after a period of no response from me, since I never see them.

The problem is that any/all Quicken popup prompts, unless you are actively in Quicken at the time, have ** too low of a priority ** and are not seen above any other open windows, so they are never seen unless you happen to minimize any other open windows at just the right time. This is a problem with how these prompts are programmed.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ZQkn said:
    Jared,
    The problem is that the window never appears, to begin with. It never pop-ups at a scheduled update weekday/time. It is just sitting behind a program I might use at the time. At one time I discovered it there, and since then, as I am aware about a due scheduled update, I minimize window of a program I am using and start filling info that those windows require. That is, PWs for my vault and the file where the update is due.
    Hello @ZQkn

Thank you for continuing to work with me on this problem. I am sorry that the resolution remains unclear, for the moment. 

This bug has been confirmed internally and I have gone ahead and submitted a bug report for this to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution.

Unfortunately, we won't have an ETA on this. However, once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future update release.

Thank you for your patience and for bringing awareness to this issue!

Quicken Jared 
  • ZQkn
    ZQkn Member ✭✭
    Options
    WOW! It is a big bug, which affects all the users. Essentially, it makes the Scheduled Update feature annulled.

Thank you for clarifying the issue.
This discussion has been closed.