Sync Error Mac

dcjnd.frie
dcjnd.frie Member ✭✭
I keep getting Sync Error warning while communicating to servers. I have searched and it seems to be a known issue. When I try to open the link posted in the closed conversation, I get a "no permission sad face"!!
Is there a place I can follow for updates on this issue?

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    I keep getting Sync Error warning while communicating to servers. I have searched and it seems to be a known issue. When I try to open the link posted in the closed conversation, I get a "no permission sad face"!!
    Is there a place I can follow for updates on this issue?
    Hello @dcjnd.frie, 

I am sorry to hear about this sync error causing difficulties for you. Thanks for asking about this here on the Quicken Community.

In order to answer your question, I will need some additional information of my own. When did this issue begin, and are you noticing this when you try to update your accounts via the circular arrow icon in the upper left-hand corner of the Quicken window? Also, where is your current active data file located? You can check this anytime by going to File > Show "(data file name will be listed here)" in Finder in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open. 

I look forward to hearing more from you about this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • dcjnd.frie
    dcjnd.frie Member ✭✭
    Yes, occurs when using circular arrow. Has been going on since at least last Quicken version update. File appears in Users>Username>Library>Application Support>Quicken>Documents>"File_name"
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, occurs when using circular arrow. Has been going on since at least last Quicken version update. File appears in Users>Username>Library>Application Support>Quicken>Documents>"File_name"
    Hello @dcjnd.frie

Thank you for checking back in with me about what is happening currently. I am sorry that the issue seems to remain, for the moment.

I recommend saving a backup by going to File > Save a Backup... in the upper menu at the top of the screen while the Quicken window is open. Next, navitate to File > New... in the same menu, and then click on Start from scratch in the window that follows. Choose Create new file with US default categories and then Don't use Quicken Mobile or Web. In this new 'test' data file, attempt to add non-Charles Schwab associated accounts by going to the Add Account button in the upper left-hand corner of the screen denoted by the '+' icon and following the prompts that appear. Once this is done, attempt to update your accounts as you normally would, using the circular arrow button mentioned before.

I look forward to hearing about your results. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.