Import Fail Mac to Windows

Glowman
Glowman Unconfirmed, Member
Had a stand-alone Mac2007 file, converted to Premier for Mac and works fine. Desperatley need to export the Mac to Windows file. Have tried 8 ties and always fails. Was on line with QuickenHelp several times (different techs) and same result. Have exported to a thumb drive, an external drive and all failed to import. I believe the issue is the initial export file. It seems small at 13 MB. Willing to hire an expert to get this done. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Glowman said:
    Had a stand-alone Mac2007 file, converted to Premier for Mac and works fine. Desperatley need to export the Mac to Windows file. Have tried 8 ties and always fails. Was on line with QuickenHelp several times (different techs) and same result. Have exported to a thumb drive, an external drive and all failed to import. I believe the issue is the initial export file. It seems small at 13 MB. Willing to hire an expert to get this done. Any suggestions?
    Hello @Glowman

I am sorry to hear about this problem with file conversion and importing and exporting data. Thank you for seeking assistance and discussion here on the Quicken Community.

What version of Quicken Windows are you making use of, and where is the installed Quicken program located on the new computer? 

I look forward to hearing your response, should you have the chance to check back in with us about this issue. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Glowman
    Mac 6.7 Premier. Moving to a Dell PC. Quicken Premier downloaded to Dell to the C: drive (main hd) to Programs (86) folder
  • Glowman
    windows Quicken is version R39.23 Windows 10
  • Quicken Jared
    Glowman said:
    Mac 6.7 Premier. Moving to a Dell PC. Quicken Premier downloaded to Dell to the C: drive (main hd) to Programs (86) folder
    Hello @Glowman

Thank you for reaching out again and providing me with additional information, as well as the answers to my earlier questions. I am sorry that this issue is ongoing.

In order to convert QMac 2007 data and import it into your contemporary QWin Subscription software, you may need to install an intermediate version of the software, by following these steps:

Step 1: Back up and install Quicken 2013

1. Back up your data file in Quicken.
    2. Close Quicken.
    3. Download Quicken 2013 for Windows. Please note that although the Quicken 2013 provided here is Deluxe, it can also convert files from higher versions of Quicken.
    4. Select Save File, then browse to your desktop and save it there.
    5. From your desktop, double-click the newly downloaded file QW2013DLX.exe.
    6. Follow the on-screen instructions to install and convert your existing data file.

Step 2: Install the current version of Quicken

1. Back up your data file in Quicken 2013.
    2. Close Quicken.
    3. Install your current version of Quicken for Windows.
    You can read more about this process in the Support Article linked here.

I hope that is helpful, and feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Glowman
    Thanks, Jared. Unfortunately that did not work. Same error message. I believe the issue is the Mac created QXF file
  • Glowman
    I see the QXF file being generated as it shows a real-time display of steps 1-10 (adding transactions, adding ...). It creates the file quickly (about one minute)
  • Quicken Jared
    Glowman said:
    I see the QXF file being generated as it shows a real-time display of steps 1-10 (adding transactions, adding ...). It creates the file quickly (about one minute)
    @Glowman

I appreciate you getting back to me with further details about what is happening. I am sorry that the problem is continuing, as of now. 

Which error message were you referring to, earlier? I was unclear on this based on our previous exchanges. Also, are you able to enter the data file in your Dell PC at all before this error message appears? 

I look forward to hearing back from you about this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Glowman
    The error always, and only, occurs when I attempt to import it on the Dell. The file never opens. I recieve a pop-up saying "Import Failed"
  • Quicken Jared
    Glowman said:
    The error always, and only, occurs when I attempt to import it on the Dell. The file never opens. I recieve a pop-up saying "Import Failed"
    @Glowman

Thanks for providing that answer for me. I do apologize for this ongoing difficulty with importing files.

I have messaged you privately in regards to this matter. We will continue discussing this problem there.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.