New R40.13 update - can't install it

Buzz85
Buzz85 Member ✭✭
[Removed - Disruptive] Still not able to install it.

Comments

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    So … what’s happening when you try to install it ? 

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Buzz85
    Buzz85 Member ✭✭
    Trying to install Patch 40.13 takes out update 39.23 and check for new updates installs 39.23 There is trouble in the Patch, as far as i am concerned.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Count your blessings. R40.13 is a troubled release and R39.23 is more stable.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I must be doing something wrong ... R 40.13 has installed and runs on my system without any problems.
    If you can't get the update from within Quicken (Help / Check for Updates or prompted by One Step Update) download it from https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    UKR said:
    I must be doing something wrong ... R 40.13 has installed and runs on my system without any problems.
    Other than the "comical" screen repaints during OSU I concur.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look at my screen capture to see how my investment registers are fouled up.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Buzz85
    Buzz85 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2022
    > @UKR said:
    > I must be doing something wrong ... R 40.13 has installed and runs on my system without any problems.If you can't get the update from within Quicken (Help / Check for Updates or prompted by One Step Update) download it from https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product

That does not work for me either, same issue.....Quicken Support says call your Bank and call Microsoft [Removed - Disruptive]
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    Buzz85 said: Trying to install Patch 40.13 takes out update 39.23 and check for new updates installs 39.23
    never answered the question - what happens when you download & then try to install R40.13

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Buzz85
    Buzz85 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2022
    [Removed - Disruptive]
  • mstv01
    mstv01 Member ✭✭
    I have not been able to upload an update since version R36.56, bld. 27.1.36.56! I get an error message prior to finishing the download of the update, usually stating something about not having a component or something. This time it's telling me that the server file failed to upload because a parameter for length can't be found.
    I have had this problem for over a year now, through 2 program purchases & have had to have a tech fix it each time.
    When will this issue/bug be fixed? Usually the pattern is for the tech to have me uninstall the program & reinstall it. When that doesn't work, the tech will take over, have to go higher up and get someone else to help before it's finally uploaded. I honestly don't think it's my computer... Any ideas?
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2022
    @mstv01 - There are usually two reasons why an update won't install.

1.  Your windows user name has a space in it.  Fix - set up a new user name (without spaces) with administrative rights, and then reinstall the update.

2.  Your antivirus software is preventing access to the install files.  Fix - turn off your antivirus software, reinstall update, and then, turn your antivirus software back on.

To get more details on your actual issue and fix, do a search on the exact error message in this forum.  Last week, I couldn't do an update and found out it was because there was a space in my windows user name.  After I created and logged into the new user name, I was able to do the update successfully.

This discussion has been closed.