Share Balance wrong on Quicken V6.7.0 on Mac

karen@
karen@ Member ✭✭
Yesterday I updated to Quicken V6.7.0 on Mac and then downloaded numerous transactions from a very active brokerage account. While reviewing the entries, I noticed a new (meaning first time) stock purchase in the Transaction list. The oddity was that while the "Buy" shows "Shares In" of 12 shares, I see a "Share Balance" of 0.00.

In an attempt to get Quicken to perhaps recalculate total shares for that new stock, I Deleted the original Buy transaction and added the same data manually. Total shares still incorrect at 0.00

Looked at Security List and found the new Stock, but Stock Price History was missing data. So I did a "Rebuild History" with defaults (both "Preserve" boxes checked). After rebuild Opening Price column was blank in all entries. Didn't seem to have any effect on the Transaction.

Because the Share Balance is 0.00, this particular stock does not show up in the Portfolio list which FWIW has over 400 entries (very active brokerage account).

Anyway, something is clearly wrong. Anybody else seeing this behavior? I couldn't find any relevant discussion on this latest version.

Comments

• karen@
    karen@ Member ✭✭
    On further investigation, I have discovered a "Remove Shares" entry from several days earlier that would explain the 0.00 Share Balance. The memo says "Placeholder". I've not encountered this before but likely indicates some sort of download errors from my brokerage account. I should be able to solve this on my end and is likely not a problem with Quicken itself (just seemed suspect since I had just updated to a new version). So as Gilda used to say ... Nevermind...
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    karen@ said:
    On further investigation, I have discovered a "Remove Shares" entry from several days earlier that would explain the 0.00 Share Balance. The memo says "Placeholder". I've not encountered this before but likely indicates some sort of download errors from my brokerage account. I should be able to solve this on my end and is likely not a problem with Quicken itself (just seemed suspect since I had just updated to a new version). So as Gilda used to say ... Nevermind...
    Hello @karen@

I am glad to hear that you seem to have uncovered the source of the issue. Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community to update us on this change in circumstances, and for sharing your resolution with us.

Please feel free to reach out again with any additional questions or concerns.

Thanks again,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.