in out whats left balances different from month to month

tkelly@
tkelly@ Member ✭✭
my ending balance is different from end of one month to beginning of following month,

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    tkelly@ said:
    my ending balance is different from end of one month to beginning of following month,
    Hello @tkelly@

I am sorry to hear about this problem with balances. Thank you for looking to the Quicken Community for assistance in this situation.

In order to help you, we will require further information. Where are these balances displaying incorrectly? When did this issue begin? Are the amounts larger or smaller than expected? Also, what version of Quicken are you using? You can check this anytime by going to Help > About Quicken in the upper menu at the top of the screen. 

I look forward to hearing your replies, and hope to help you in the future, if necessary. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • tkelly@
    tkelly@ Member ✭✭
    total available from april 30th is different from the may 1st spending balance. there is an additional 1250. 00 om the may first spending balance. All of my spending accounts are reconciled correctly to the bank balances. i first noticed the diference on may 1st. The prior months ( i.e. february to april balances all carried over correctly on the IN/Out/whats left tab. Version is R40.13 ... I have searched for any transaction that would account for this discrepency and found none. there are no downloaded transaction or bills or income due outstanding in those tabs at the bottom of any registers for spending accounts. There was only one 1250.00 transaction in an account and it was from march so that item would not have affected the april to may differences.
  • Quicken Jared
    tkelly@ said:
    total available from april 30th is different from the may 1st spending balance. there is an additional 1250. 00 om the may first spending balance. All of my spending accounts are reconciled correctly to the bank balances. i first noticed the diference on may 1st. The prior months ( i.e. february to april balances all carried over correctly on the IN/Out/whats left tab. Version is R40.13 ... I have searched for any transaction that would account for this discrepency and found none. there are no downloaded transaction or bills or income due outstanding in those tabs at the bottom of any registers for spending accounts. There was only one 1250.00 transaction in an account and it was from march so that item would not have affected the april to may differences.
    Hello @tkelly@

I am sorry that this problem seems to be continuing. Thank you for continuing to speak with me about this. 

Have you already attempted rebooting your computer? If so, I recommend also saving a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen and then going back into the same menu and running through the following steps, in order:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Select Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists. 

I hope to hear more from you about your results.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • tkelly@
    tkelly@ Member ✭✭
    have already done this, more than once. Have validated and super validated file
  • Quicken Jared
    tkelly@ said:
    have already done this, more than once. Have validated and super validated file
    @tkelly@

I am sorry that this issue is persisting, even after validating and super validating the data file. Thank you for continuing to work with me on this problem.

One option that is still available is to copy the data file. However, please note that doing so will disconnect all online services in the copied file and you will need to sign back in with your Quicken ID and reconnect up all of your online accounts, online billers, Quicken Bill Manager services, etc if you plan to use that copied file going forward as the new copy also creates a new and separate dataset ID.

If you still wish to proceed, navigate to File > Copy or Backup File... > Create a copy or template. Click Next, then choose a file name and location on your computer in the following screen. Click Save Copy, then click New Copy. Finally, click OK.

You may then validate and super validate the copied data file, using the steps provided previously.

I look forward to hearing back from you once again, should you have the chance to check back in with us here on the Quicken Community. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • tkelly@
    tkelly@ Member ✭✭
    not helpful...how do i get someone to mirror my screen and fix problem?
  • Quicken Jared
    tkelly@ said:
    not helpful...how do i get someone to mirror my screen and fix problem?
    Hello @tkelly@

I am sorry that this troubleshooting advice did not suit your needs. Thank you for reaching back out regarding the problem at hand.

You can speak with Quicken Support using the contact information provided in this link. They should possess resources like those which you mentioned in order to further troubleshoot this issue.

I hope that proves fruitful. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.