Frequently frustrated Quicken user since 1996

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    RickQuick said:
    Quicken for Windows R40.13 Build 27.1.40.13

As the title says. Very annoying.
    Hello @RickQuick,  

I am sorry to hear about this situation with slow performance. Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community in regards to this issue.

Have you already attempted uninstalling and reinstalling the Quicken software? Also, where is your currently active Quicken data file located? You can check this any time by going to File > Show this file on my computer in the upper menu at the top of the screen.

I look forward to hearing your response, and I intend to work on this problem with you, further, if necessary.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • trustpilot
    trustpilot Member ✭✭
    Same issues as above, I hope this additional information helps...

1. Slow: Meaning that @ 4 seconds will pass from when you click on the other account, until the other account comes into focus;

2. Scrolling issues in the Accounts left window: When clicking on the other account, 4 seconds will pass, the other account will come into focus, but the Accounts window focus will scroll to the very top entry.

In other words, if you have enough accounts for the Accounts window to have a scroll bar, when you select a new account, the Accounts window will auto-scroll to the very top - even if the newly selected account that is now in focus is located at the bottom of the accounts window. So you would need to then scroll down the Accounts window scroll bar just to see the account that is now selected.

Do the Slow and Scrolling issues happen all the time... No. If you have recently selected that account and then go back to it - they don't occur. Close and reopen Quicken again and both issues start again. Seems like an issue related to caching info with the software update.

Yes, reinstalled. No difference.

Started after the update @ 1 week ago.

Thank you.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Same issues as above, I hope this additional information helps...

1. Slow: Meaning that @ 4 seconds will pass from when you click on the other account, until the other account comes into focus;

2. Scrolling issues in the Accounts left window: When clicking on the other account, 4 seconds will pass, the other account will come into focus, but the Accounts window focus will scroll to the very top entry.

In other words, if you have enough accounts for the Accounts window to have a scroll bar, when you select a new account, the Accounts window will auto-scroll to the very top - even if the newly selected account that is now in focus is located at the bottom of the accounts window. So you would need to then scroll down the Accounts window scroll bar just to see the account that is now selected.

Do the Slow and Scrolling issues happen all the time... No. If you have recently selected that account and then go back to it - they don't occur. Close and reopen Quicken again and both issues start again. Seems like an issue related to caching info with the software update.

Yes, reinstalled. No difference.

Started after the update @ 1 week ago.

Thank you.
    Hello @trustpilot

Thank you for keeping in communications with me about this issue. I do apologize that the issue seems to be ongoing, for the moment.

How often do you save backups? I recommend saving backups frequently by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Provided that this has been done regularly, you should be able to restore from a backup saved just prior to when you noticed this issue beginning. In order to do this, navigate to File > Restore a Backup File... in the upper menu mentioned previously. I am eager to hear whether or not the behavior continues in a restored file.

I look forward to seeing your response. 

Thank you,  

Quicken Jared 
  • trustpilot
    trustpilot Member ✭✭
    "I do apologize that the issue seems to be ongoing, for the moment."

Thanks for the update.

As to your question, I'm not able to restore a backup without having to spend several hours reentering transactions from between then and now.

I hope the issue gets resolved soon.

Thank you.
  • trustpilot
    trustpilot Member ✭✭
    edited May 2022
    An update:

With the software update that was installed @ May 3 or May 4, both of these issues have been resolved for me.

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.