I have old overdue invoices that I just want to delete and have no effect on my banking register.

Options
When I print unpaid invoices, these old ones show up and I want to just write them off.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You could do one of the following:
    • Simply delete the invoice transaction from your Customer Invoices account register.
    • Mark the invoice transaction as "Void" to retain a $0.00 record of your invoice (right-click the invoice transaction, select "Void transaction" from the popup. Write the original invoice amount into the Memo field, to retain a record of the amount owed.
    • The bookkeeper in me would write the invoice amount off as Bad Debt. For this you need a "Bad Debt" Business Expense category (see image). Create it, if necessary. Now perform this procedure to create a Credit transaction to write off the amount due: https://help.quicken.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3216952  After all, it's a loss to your business and should be recorded as such for tax purposes ... please check with your tax accountant.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You could do one of the following:
    • Simply delete the invoice transaction from your Customer Invoices account register.
    • Mark the invoice transaction as "Void" to retain a $0.00 record of your invoice (right-click the invoice transaction, select "Void transaction" from the popup. Write the original invoice amount into the Memo field, to retain a record of the amount owed.
    • The bookkeeper in me would write the invoice amount off as Bad Debt. For this you need a "Bad Debt" Business Expense category (see image). Create it, if necessary. Now perform this procedure to create a Credit transaction to write off the amount due: https://help.quicken.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3216952  After all, it's a loss to your business and should be recorded as such for tax purposes ... please check with your tax accountant.

This discussion has been closed.