USAA credit card is not 'visible' to Quicken Since April 26th

ATXRunner
ATXRunner Member ✭✭
My USAA credit card has not been visible since April 26th. All of my banking accounts are identified by Quicken does not see the credit card. I have gone through the process of resetting the account, entering the Access ID and Access PW with no success. Others have reported this issue as well. Is this a known issue? Is the issue with Quicken or USAA?

Thank you.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    ATXRunner said:
    My USAA credit card has not been visible since April 26th. All of my banking accounts are identified by Quicken does not see the credit card. I have gone through the process of resetting the account, entering the Access ID and Access PW with no success. Others have reported this issue as well. Is this a known issue? Is the issue with Quicken or USAA?

Thank you.
    Hello @ATXRunner, I am sorry to hear about these issues with linking accounts to online banking services. Thank you for reaching out about this issue here on the Quicken Community.

When you say that the account is not visible, do you mean that it is not provided as an option for linking 'to an existing account' during the setup in the Add Account window?

Also, I would like to draw your attention to an Open Alert regarding USAA and connectivity issues that is likely related to your situation. You can follow the discussion thread linked here for any other information and any available updates. 

I hope that is helpful, and I look forward to any further correspondence you may be able to provide. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • ATXRunner
    ATXRunner Member ✭✭
    Hi Jarred - when I try to link the credit card account, Quicken does not find the account. It connects with my checking and savings accounts, but not my credit card.
  • Quicken Jared
    ATXRunner said:
    Hi Jarred - when I try to link the credit card account, Quicken does not find the account. It connects with my checking and savings accounts, but not my credit card.
    @ATXRunner

I am sorry to hear about this problem continuing. Thank you for remaining in communications with me about this issue.

What connection method are you making use of in order to link your other accounts to online banking services? You can check this anytime by going to Tools > Account List in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then click the Edit button in the rows associated with your USAA accounts. Next, click on the Online Services tab and then look to the Online Setup callout box.

Also, if you have the opportunity, I recommend creating a new 'test' data file by navigating to File > New Quicken File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open. Select New Quicken File then click OK. Choose a file location on your computer and click Save. In this test file, attempt to add your USAA accounts, exclusively, by clicking the Add Account button in the upper left-hand corner, denoted by the '+' symbol. I am curious about whether or not this error continues in this test file.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • ATXRunner
    ATXRunner Member ✭✭
    Jarred - I use Direct Connect for all of my USAA accounts.
  • Quicken Jared
    ATXRunner said:
    Jarred - I use Direct Connect for all of my USAA accounts.
    @ATXRunner

Thank you for speaking with me again and providing me with the connection method used to link your accounts. I am sorry if these difficulties are continuing. 

If you should have the chance, I am still curious as to whether or not this problem is continuing in a test file. I look forward to hearing your results when attempting this.

Feel free to reach out again anytime. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • ATXRunner
    ATXRunner Member ✭✭
    Jared - I created a test file and tried to link my USAA accounts and received a CC-502 error. I do not receive this error in my "production" file but Quicken still only finds my checking and savings accounts and not my credit card account.
  • Quicken Jared
    ATXRunner said:
    Jared - I created a test file and tried to link my USAA accounts and received a CC-502 error. I do not receive this error in my "production" file but Quicken still only finds my checking and savings accounts and not my credit card account.
    Hello @ATXRunner

I am sorry that these error messages are still preventing connections across data files. Thank you for taking the time to respond to me, and for providing me with results from your efforts with using a test file.

I would like to bring your attention to the following Open Alert regarding USAA Federal Savings Bank and connectivity issues that is related to the situation you are describing. You can view the thread linked here for any other details and any available updates. 

Given that the Direct Connect method involves information being provided directly from the financial institution's servers, and connectivity issues are not isolated to one data file, I do recommend reaching out to USAA as soon as possible. Speaking with a 'Tier 2' representative or escalations team is often helpful, as they are more likely to be knowledgable about third-party software, such as Quicken. 

I hope that is helpful, and feel free to come to the Quicken Community anytime with additional questions or concerns. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • bohnster
    bohnster Member
    edited May 2022
    I am having the same issue. [Removed - Disruptive] My USAA Signature Preferred Visa which was recently converted to another Visa program card type because USAA dropped the program does not show as an account any longer. Same connection method. I've disconnected and attempted to reconnect multiple times. Only my checking accounts show up, not my active Visa account. No issues with any other bank or investments.
  • anormalguy
    anormalguy Member
    I agree with bohnster, this card is seemingly the only one that doesn't show up and it's my primary reason for using quicken to manage all of the transactions. All of the rest of the USAA accounts/cards and other banks seem to work fine. It's not a user issue, it's a quicken-usaa issue.
  • Dome
    Dome Member ✭✭
    USAA downloaded this morning after nearly two weeks offline for my credit card account. Hope it lasts and thank you to the techs that hopefully got this fixed.
  • ATXRunner
    ATXRunner Member ✭✭
    Is anyone else having an issue where the credit card is not updating again? It shows linked in Quicken for me and runs through the update process but the transactions are not updating. No error messages received and the last transactions updated are from May 10th. I have had several transactions since that time that are not in a Pending status online, so curious if anyone else is experiencing a similar issue.
This discussion has been closed.