I want to sort my various investment accounts by Group

Options
Quicken appears to have only a small fixed set of account groups ( i.e., Banking, Investment). I want to create custom groups for easy reporting and for display in the UX. Is this possible?

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you're talking about rearranging the Accounts side bar or how accounts are grouped in account balances reports, I'm afraid, WYSIWYG is the answer at this time.
    Can you provide us with a sample report showing what you would like to see?
    BTW, what do you mean by "display in the UX"? I'm not familiar with the meaning of "UX".
  • Jon Foster
    Jon Foster Member ✭✭
    Options
    I was mainly thinking about the account side bar, but I would imagine it would be metadata that could persist in other reporting tools in Quicken. I would like the account bar to enable me to group my investment accounts by sub-groups, if you will (e.g., Kids Accounts, Managed accounts, etc). And if not the account bar, can I create an investment report showing account balances by these imagined sub-groups.

And sorry - UX = User Experience ( aka User INterface) :)
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I sounds like you are looking for the features in this Idea post. If so, please comment and vote there. 
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7854575/create-account-groups-5-merged-vote
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Jon Foster
    Jon Foster Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks - just voted and commented