Automatic entries freeze up

Options
After an automatic entry goes into the file, it freezes up and I cannot open up the transaction to edit it, change information or process it. What is happening and how do I correct?

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    After an automatic entry goes into the file, it freezes up and I cannot open up the transaction to edit it, change information or process it. What is happening and how do I correct?
    Hello @Scott Jaeger

I am sorry to hear about this issue with freezing while trying to edit transactions. Thank you for inquiring about this problem here on the Quicken Community. 

When did this issue begin, and is this occurring exclusively in one account? If you can, try to restore a backup saved just prior to when you first noticed this problem. We recommend that users save backups frequently by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Provided that this has been done often, you should be able to restore from a recent backup by going to File > Restore a Backup File... in the same menu.  I am curious to see whether or not this behavior continues in the restored data file.  

Note that if this is unsuccessful, you may also try uninstalling the software, using the method explained in the Support Article linked here, and then reinstalling it by following the steps in this article.

I hope that is helpful.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.