Accounts won't reconcile anymore

CJB69
CJB69 Member ✭✭
A few weeks ago everything was working as it should. Now NONE of my accounts will reconcile. I get a message that says: "There are no uncleared items to reconcile" after downloading items from my accounts. I have auto reconcile turned on, when I click "Accept All" I get the error. If I go to the Tools menu and click "Reconcile an Account" I get the message. In one specific account I currently have 31 items with a value of "C" in the Clr column. The balance on the bottom row matches exactly the amount in my account, but I can't not reconcile my account.
I'm on version Windows Deluxe R40.21 Build: 27.1.40.21. Just got the latest update a couple of days ago, problem was happening before the update.

How can this be fixed?

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    CJB69 said:
    A few weeks ago everything was working as it should. Now NONE of my accounts will reconcile. I get a message that says: "There are no uncleared items to reconcile" after downloading items from my accounts. I have auto reconcile turned on, when I click "Accept All" I get the error. If I go to the Tools menu and click "Reconcile an Account" I get the message. In one specific account I currently have 31 items with a value of "C" in the Clr column. The balance on the bottom row matches exactly the amount in my account, but I can't not reconcile my account.
    I'm on version Windows Deluxe R40.21 Build: 27.1.40.21. Just got the latest update a couple of days ago, problem was happening before the update.

How can this be fixed?
    Hello @CJB69,    

I am sorry to hear about this trouble with reconciling accounts. Thank you for looking to the Quicken Community with regards to this problem.

Have you attempted to restore from a backup to see if the issue persists? We recommend saving backups often by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Provided that this has been done frequently, there should be a recent backup available from just prior to when this issue began. You can restore a backup by going into the same menu and selecting File > Restore a Backup File... in the upper menu mentioned before. 

Also, where is your current active data file located? You can check this anytime by going to File > Show this file on my computer...

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • CJB69
    CJB69 Member ✭✭
    Hi Jared,
    Thank you for the reply, but it didn't fix anything.
    I have backups set to run automatically every 3rd time I use Quicken, so basically once or twice I a week.

I have backups going back many months. I tried opening older copies from before the issue started and after. All have the same issue with new transactions, they'll clear, but won't reconcile.

I store the last months worth of backups on my C: Drive. But have all copies stored on my NAS as well. Just want recent ones close by if I need them.

Any further assistance on fixing this issue would be appreciated.

CJ
  • Quicken Jared
    CJB69 said:
    Hi Jared,
    Thank you for the reply, but it didn't fix anything.
    I have backups set to run automatically every 3rd time I use Quicken, so basically once or twice I a week.

I have backups going back many months. I tried opening older copies from before the issue started and after. All have the same issue with new transactions, they'll clear, but won't reconcile.

I store the last months worth of backups on my C: Drive. But have all copies stored on my NAS as well. Just want recent ones close by if I need them.

Any further assistance on fixing this issue would be appreciated.

CJ
    Hello @CJB69

I am sorry to hear that the problem remains after backup restoration. Thank you for letting me know about these developments, and for providing the answer to that question about the data file location. 

First, save a backup, then try moving through these steps, in order:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Select Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If you are still noticing difficulties after you have proceeded through those instructions, you may also try the following:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I look forward to any future correspondence you may be able to provide, and I hope to continue working with you on this problem, if necessary. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • CJB69
    CJB69 Member ✭✭
    Good morning Jared,
    Thank you for the continued support, but still having issues.
    Did a regular Quicken backup, then copied my QDF file to another backup.
    Ran the Validate as instructed,(Got a list of some items that were fixed) closed and waited 10 seconds, opened and still can not reconcile. Ran regular validate again, no issues reported.
    Ran the "Super Validate File". Was prompted for new password, which I entered. No errors were reported. Closed file and waited another 10 seconds. Still can not reconcile. Same message as when we started. I can see several "C" items in the "Clr" column.

While doing this I noticed them my file was 226MB in size. Wasn't sure if that might be too big so I ran the backup process and asked it to leave only current year data in the file. Provided new password again and checked file when done, (Now 103 MB) Still could not reconcile. Ran Validate again on new smaller file.(Again no errors reported) Closed program and waited 10 seconds. Reopened and still can not reconcile.
  • Quicken Jared
    CJB69 said:
    Good morning Jared,
    Thank you for the continued support, but still having issues.
    Did a regular Quicken backup, then copied my QDF file to another backup.
    Ran the Validate as instructed,(Got a list of some items that were fixed) closed and waited 10 seconds, opened and still can not reconcile. Ran regular validate again, no issues reported.
    Ran the "Super Validate File". Was prompted for new password, which I entered. No errors were reported. Closed file and waited another 10 seconds. Still can not reconcile. Same message as when we started. I can see several "C" items in the "Clr" column.

While doing this I noticed them my file was 226MB in size. Wasn't sure if that might be too big so I ran the backup process and asked it to leave only current year data in the file. Provided new password again and checked file when done, (Now 103 MB) Still could not reconcile. Ran Validate again on new smaller file.(Again no errors reported) Closed program and waited 10 seconds. Reopened and still can not reconcile.
    Hello @CJB69,       

I apologize that this issue is persisting. Thanks so much for all of your patience, and for following up with me to provide detailed updates about the situation.

One option that remains is to copy the data file. Please note that doing so will disconnect all online services in the copied file and you will need to sign back in with your Quicken ID and reconnect all of your online accounts, online billers, and Quicken Bill Manager services if you plan to use that copied file going forward. The new copy also creates a new and separate dataset ID.

If you still wish to proceed, follow these instructions, in order:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Select Copy or Backup File...
    3. Select Create a copy or template
    4. Click Next 
    5. Select a file location on your computer
    6. Click Save Copy
    7. Select New Copy
    8. Click OK

Let me know if this works, and feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • CJB69
    CJB69 Member ✭✭
    Was dreading having to go through the last process you outlined, but figured I'd do it after I did my normal banking this morning. First account I pressed, auto reconciled at end like it always had before. As did all my other accounts. Very odd, stopped working out of the blue and started working again the same way. Not sure if the previous steps you had me go through had anything to do with it or not.
  • Quicken Jared
    CJB69 said:
    Was dreading having to go through the last process you outlined, but figured I'd do it after I did my normal banking this morning. First account I pressed, auto reconciled at end like it always had before. As did all my other accounts. Very odd, stopped working out of the blue and started working again the same way. Not sure if the previous steps you had me go through had anything to do with it or not.
    Hello @CJB69

Thank you for checking back in and letting me know about what is happening. It sounds as though the issue has resolved itself; is that correct? 

Let me know if there are any other issues.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • CJB69
    CJB69 Member ✭✭
    Yes, seems to have done so. We can close this case if you like. Should the problem show up again, I'll reach out.

Thanks for your help.
  • Quicken Jared
    CJB69 said:
    Yes, seems to have done so. We can close this case if you like. Should the problem show up again, I'll reach out.

Thanks for your help.
    @CJB69,   

I appreciate you confirming that the problem seems to be resolved, and for continuing to follow up with me. I am very glad to hear that a resolution has been achieved, although I had hoped to provide a clearer path to solving the problem, and further explanation about its origin.

Feel free to reach out anytime if this issue resumes, or if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thanks again,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.