Disappointment with Quicken; many issues failing to be addressed

denmarfl
denmarfl Member ✭✭✭✭
Been a Quicken user for 35+ years; Using it Online for 22 years....Windows version.

Yes, Quicken works; I connect with my banks....but.....

There are so many things visually that are annoying going on when Running Quicken and have been for maybe a year or more...and what I hear from Quicken...they are known issues and are not a Priority and no ETA's.

When I connect (OSU)...I see my Background go totally BLACK intermittently...all you see is the OSU running, when it finishes its connection..I see the registers Flashing.  Quickens prior Update before R40.21...the Flashing Registers were really Bad and a Newer Update was released.  But the OSD Backgroung going Balck...and the registers still falshing but not as bad...is still ongoing.

Again, Quicken works, it connects but how annoying as you Watch the OSU progressing to see these other issues.  I just feel now that I am paying a Yearly subscription Fee...I am seeing LESS from Quicken to correct long ongoing Issues.  There are so many other issues, I'll list a few, You enter an Online Transfer and in error you have the wrong date, you get the Popup enter correct date....the entrie register entry is WIPED out and you must re-enter all the information again.  I have sent this issue to Quicken over the past 3 years many times...it has not been addressed.  This issue should let entered info remain and you need only to correct the Date.  Sometimes the ACCEPT button when accepting downloaded Transactions...disappears.

As a 35+ year user of Quicken I feel like the New ownership is no longer listening to its Loayal customers.  Seems only major issues are addressed but really, the little things should count as well...at sometime the List of items that need to be fixed, those little items come to the top and should get fixed.  I have worked directly by phone with Q Senior Support agents who have advised these are known issues and simply not Priorities..and they have confirmed the Issues are not with my software or data File.  

I will admit after 35+ years I am thinking about just doing my Online Banking directly with the Banks...and dropping Quicken...and I would think there are other Loyal users like me...thinking the same thing.

Quicken...please pay attention to those of us who really know Quicken...and see all these Cosmetic/Visual issues...and get them resolved 

Answers

• TTSguy
    TTSguy Member ✭✭✭✭
    Quicken is a business. Businesses exists for one thing and that is to make money, Quicken now has 2.5 million users world wide using and paying for "use" of Quicken's product. It is no secret that as long as people pay for the product, the product will be kept "running". If there is no competition, there is no incentive for any company to polish their product to perfection.

This is capitalism. It's quite probable that by the time there is any competition, the Quicken organization will have completed it's primary goal of making money and reached their financial goal.

The other thing to keep in mind is that the state of the employment crisis is paying well in the open market for good developers and programmers. The good ones are making good money, and Quicken could probably hire good ones to polish the Quicken program to perfection, BUT that  would come with a cost. 

Would you pay $300 a year for that perfection? That is probably what it would take, and most users would not be interested in paying that.

I'm not defending the company, just stating the reality of our Capitalistic society. I too feel as you do and feel the pain, but the reality is that it will probably never change. It's about making money, as much as you can, as quickly as you can. As long as the product is making money it will be kept afloat just enough to maintain the flow of funds. You have a calculator, the money is coming in for the owners and CEO.

2.5 million users at an average of $60 a year, I'm not sure my calculator can figure that high, but you can probably pick up what I'm laying down.....$$$$$$. Hang in and just use it for the things that it does for you, and for as long as you can afford it. That is also part of the corporate mentality.

I worked for IBM for 30 years, and even they aren't what they used to be! 🤷‍♂️ Hang in!

• denmarfl
    denmarfl Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks... you feel my pain
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I will point out one thing about this statement:
    If there is no competition, there is no incentive for any company to polish their product to perfection.

Quicken has competition.  But what everyone that makes this statement means is that there is no competition that provides the feature set that Quicken does for a reasonable cost (or any cost for that matter).

So, one has to ask why there isn't that kind of competition?

And the answers are pretty clear, the difficulties in creating such a program and how much the market for this will bare just isn't there for another company to provide it.

It is a "sucky" situation, but unfortunately that is the one we are in.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Sorry for the post that was deleted... copy/past must not be allowed... surely I can post a Quicken link but if not PLEASE DELETE...

https://www.quicken.com/about-us/careers

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

This discussion has been closed.