In Quicken Deluxe for Apple, is the Bills & Income-Payees view different than the Premier version?

I down-graded to Quicken Deluxe from the Premier version and the Bills & Income view is missing the column showing the last payment made for each payee. Is there a way to bring that up, or is it not included in Deluxe.

Best Answer

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    I can't answer this with certainty as I don't have access to all the various tiers.

If you are looking at Bills & Income: Payees, that "Payment Status" column (that shows Paid, Deposited, Printed, etc. with the amount) is a column that you can choose to show/hide. 

When in that view, Control (or right) click on a column header and see if "Payment Status" is a displayable column that somehow isn't showing. I find it would be an odd removal for a lower tier level, so I suspect it is simply not being displayed.

Answers

• John_in_NC
    Answer ✓
    I can't answer this with certainty as I don't have access to all the various tiers.

If you are looking at Bills & Income: Payees, that "Payment Status" column (that shows Paid, Deposited, Printed, etc. with the amount) is a column that you can choose to show/hide. 

When in that view, Control (or right) click on a column header and see if "Payment Status" is a displayable column that somehow isn't showing. I find it would be an odd removal for a lower tier level, so I suspect it is simply not being displayed.
  • pianolady
    pianolady Member ✭✭
    Thank you for your help, John. I was able to follow your instructions and my drop down is missing 'Payment Status', so unable to choose it. I agree with you - that does not seem like it should have been limited from the Deluxe version. It was mentioned when I was comparing the two versions either.
  • John_in_NC
    Hi, again, pianolady: Thanks for checking that this isn't available for the Deluxe version.

I personally never use those views to see if things scheduled transactions are paid/received. You might wish to look at the "Projected Balances" viewing under Bills & Income. This is the old school, but reliable way of seeing all your scheduled transactions in a single spot.

I can't say if it will work for your workflow, but it will identify which transx haven't yet been posted/cleared. That means more to me as I will see posted/paid transx in the actual register. And yes, these same transaction reminders also appear in the respective accounts. 

This discussion has been closed.