How to actually pay a bill through Bank Bill Pay?

Options
I have Quicken Windows subscription. I have my Wells Fargo account which is set up using Direct Connect. I do see that "Bank Bill Pay" is available when I go to Online Services under the account details.

But how do I actually pay a bill through Bank Bill Pay?

If I enter a Manual Bill, set up the payee, and then check "Use Online Bill Pay", I can enter an account number (my account with the payee, I assume) and a phone number (theirs, I assume). So it all gets set up.

But when I pay it (definitely from my Direct Connect account), Quicken says it will send a check out. I don't want to use Quicken Check Pay. How do I force it to use Bank Bill Pay?

Comments

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Options
    You have to activate bank bill pay. See the sequence below.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mc@ said:
    I do see that "Bank Bill Pay" is available when I go to Online Services under the account details.

But when I pay it (definitely from my Direct Connect account), Quicken says it will send a check out.
    On second reading, you might have everything set up correctly, but the payee is not one that your bank can pay electronically. When I use bank bill pay from B of A, I get no indication of which payees get paid electronically and which get mailed a check. The only way to tell is to look at Q's online payee list "lead time" column. 3 days means a paper check.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• rockspring
    rockspring Member
    Options
    Thank you! There are two places to set up payees. There's the main "Bills and Income", and under Tools - Online Payee List. It sounds like I should stick with the Online list for bank bill payments?
This discussion has been closed.