Errors trying to connect to PayPal

jbQ Media
jbQ Media Member ✭✭
I'm getting error messages trying to connect to PayPal, and it's failing to update.
It's telling me I have no accounts at PayPal. I have a business account, and PayPal Credit, but not crypto. W? ...😵‍💫

Comments

• jbQ Media
    jbQ Media Member ✭✭
    #Paypal, #Fail
  • jbQ Media
    jbQ Media Member ✭✭
    Here's the first error message...
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    jbQ Media said:
    Here's the first error message...
    Hello @jbQ Media

I am sorry to hear about these messages that are preventing you from linking accounts to online banking services. Thank you for reaching out about this on the Quicken Community, and for providing those helpful screenshots.

First, have you tried updating the account connections, per the instructions message you have uploaded an image of? Be sure to save a backup first by going to File > Save a Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. 

Also, note that cryptocurrency support is not yet available for Quicken for Mac, although it is currently under consideration for development. The 8-digit requirement necessary for tracking cryptocurrencies is being planned for implementation, as well.  You can view the Idea thread linked here for additional information.

I hope that is helpful, and I look forward to discussing this with you further, if necessary. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • jbQ Media
    jbQ Media Member ✭✭
    It turns out that the dialog that presented was a misdirection by Quicken.
    It continues to present itself whenever I trigger a sync of accounts through the little circle arrows at the upper left of the main window. I hit those, the error message comes up.

- and when I follow through according to the dialog that presents ( in my third post in the thread ), it goes through a login process, I enter my credentials, then I get the error in the first post in the thread, claiming I have no accounts at PayPal.

I did need to reset the account, but not by following through on that dialog, which led to an error where Quicken reported I had no accounts at PayPal.
    Selecting my original PayPal account and going through a login reset via the little settings icon in the lower right at least enable my existing accounts (both PayPal regular and PayPal credit) to update.
    It seems every time I try to sync to PayPal, I'll be needing to reset the connection and confirm my login when Quicken brings up the PayPal website.

But, I don't need incorrect error messages every time I start a general sync operation of all accounts, which is what's happening now.
  • jbQ Media
    jbQ Media Member ✭✭
    - When I reset using the little settings icon, the following dialog presents (image attached) - one offering to sync PayPal, and the other offering to sync PayPal Mastercard, Credit, and Crypto.
    Doing the first succeeds and allows my existing Quicken accounts (regular and credit) to update.

Trying to do the latter presents the same fail, but PayPal's error messages keep insisting that I try to do it. W??
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    jbQ Media said:
    It turns out that the dialog that presented was a misdirection by Quicken.
    It continues to present itself whenever I trigger a sync of accounts through the little circle arrows at the upper left of the main window. I hit those, the error message comes up.

- and when I follow through according to the dialog that presents ( in my third post in the thread ), it goes through a login process, I enter my credentials, then I get the error in the first post in the thread, claiming I have no accounts at PayPal.

I did need to reset the account, but not by following through on that dialog, which led to an error where Quicken reported I had no accounts at PayPal.
    Selecting my original PayPal account and going through a login reset via the little settings icon in the lower right at least enable my existing accounts (both PayPal regular and PayPal credit) to update.
    It seems every time I try to sync to PayPal, I'll be needing to reset the connection and confirm my login when Quicken brings up the PayPal website.

But, I don't need incorrect error messages every time I start a general sync operation of all accounts, which is what's happening now.
    @jbQ Media,          

I see, thank you for getting back to me and providing additional information about the situation, along with updates. I am sorry that these inappropriate messages are continuing to display.

First, where is your current active data file located? You can check this anytime by going to File > Show this file on my computer... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. 

Also, how often do you save backups? We recommend saving backups frequently by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the same menu previously mentioned. Provided that this has been done regularly, you should have a recent backup that was saved just prior to when this issue emerged. You can then restore a backup by going to File > Restore a Backup File...

I am eager to hear whether or not this problem continues after restoring a backup file, if this has been attempted.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.