Need to close and reopen outlook to have them update

quicken support please update in next rev and fix

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Need to close and reopen outlook to have them update

quicken support please update in next rev and fix
    Hello @JKQUESTIONS,   

I am sorry to hear about this problem with subtotals failing to update. Thank you for bringing this matter up for discussion in the Quicken Community. 

First, how often do you save backups? We recommend saving backups frequently by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Provided that this has been done often, you should be able to restore that was saved just prior to when you first noticed this issue. You may then restore a backup by going to File > Restore a Backup File... in the same menu mentioned previously. I am curious about whether or not this issue with subtotals continues in the restored backup before providing additional recommendations.

I look forward to working on this issue with you further, if necessary. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • JKQUESTIONS
    JKQUESTIONS Member ✭✭
    Even if you open a blank file and put #s in a new test account this version sometimes doesn't update the totals randomly. The only thing that resets it is close and open Quicken when it happens. For instance, with my original file it didn't work 3 days ago, and then when I closed and open outlook it has worked for a few days without it happening. the other symptom I have noticed when the application gets buggy is that saved payees stay all blue and you can't move the arrow cursor through them and need to use the mouse. Closing and opening quicken fixes this as well. I usually leave quicken open for days at a time until it seems to get unstable. This did not happen with older revs in the past except for a rev last year. It seems something gets unstable if quicken is left open too long. I also backup every day.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Even if you open a blank file and put #s in a new test account this version sometimes doesn't update the totals randomly. The only thing that resets it is close and open Quicken when it happens. For instance, with my original file it didn't work 3 days ago, and then when I closed and open outlook it has worked for a few days without it happening. the other symptom I have noticed when the application gets buggy is that saved payees stay all blue and you can't move the arrow cursor through them and need to use the mouse. Closing and opening quicken fixes this as well. I usually leave quicken open for days at a time until it seems to get unstable. This did not happen with older revs in the past except for a rev last year. It seems something gets unstable if quicken is left open too long. I also backup every day.
    Hello @JKQUESTIONS

I apologize that this issue is continuing. Thank you for providing so much detail and for updating me about the situation.

At this stage, I believe it would be most beneficial for you to reach out to Quicken Support using the contact information provided in this link. They will be able to investigate this issue further and provide further diagnosis, as well as provide additional steps toward a resolution, with the unique resources available at their disposal. I wish that I had more information to provide immediately via the Quicken Community, but I believe this is the best path forward.

I hope that is helpful. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.