Quicken Slowness on Win11 [edited]

davidvener
davidvener Unconfirmed ✭✭
I recently built a new computer (Intel 11th gen, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, GPU 2070).  Now running Windows 11 without a problem.  Quicken however is extraordinarily slow.  Quicken file is approx 500MB and dates back over 20 years with multiple accounts at multiple banks.  It is stored on Dropbox bc I use it at multiple sites.  The load time is over 1 minute and the screen frequently flashes to black.  Once loaded it seems to work fine.  Any suggestions?  It is kept up to date as is Windows.

Comments

• TTSguy
    TTSguy Member ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe try running MS defrag and optimize. I wouldn't run any of those apps except the one from Microsoft though.
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    TTSguy said:
    Maybe try running MS defrag and optimize. I wouldn't run any of those apps except the one from Microsoft though.
    Defrag is for disk drives only.  One should not run defrag on an SSD. 
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    I suggest you access the Quicken file in a folder on an internal drive and not allow other programs to access the Quicken file at the same time (for example, Dropbox).
  • imdcareys
    imdcareys Member ✭✭✭✭
    I guess this was resolved? How?

Win 11 - Quicken Premier - v54.16

• Wayne124
    Wayne124 Member ✭✭
    This needs to be escalated. First line support has NO idea and offers basic troubleshooting. I have done it all. They have a major problem that needs addressed. This is the slowest program that I have ever used. I have fixed the database, which I haven't seen mentioned and nothing. This is unacceptable.