Why has Q started to subtract deposits on my check register instead of adding? (Quicken 2001)

Options
oyvez
oyvez Unconfirmed, Member
Only one of my two accounts is doing this and it just started after me recent reconciliation. I am using an ancient version: Quicken 2001 Deluxe. Have used it for 20+ years without problems. No on-line connections.

Comments

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sounds like it shows your checking account is overdrawn.  So a deposit will decrease the negative balance.  

Is the register sorted in date order?  And not filtered?  Try clicking the DATE column heading to sort by  date and maybe reset the filters at the top.

If the balance is going down maybe it is a negative balance that is Decreasing.  Maybe you have a credit balance instead of a positive balance.  Like if you are overdrawn.  Is the balance in Red or Black?  Look back through your transactions and maybe you'll spot one that was entered backward. Or a payment in the charge column or a charge in the payment column. Look around back where this first started happening.  Or maybe you are missing some charges?

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

This discussion has been closed.