Quicken download failures are getting frustrating!

puggers
puggers Member ✭✭
I have 2 accounts that have quit downloading. Paypal and Chase CC. Paypal for some time, Chase recently.

I have searched the community, and Quicken support. applied some answers to no avail. They were working fine. I do nothing unusual. All these manipulations to fix my problems take my time, strain my knowledge, and are making me want to go to another product.

I am a user for 25 years plus. The level of fiddling nowadays is awful! I am at R40.21 Q Rental and Business.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    puggers said:
    I have 2 accounts that have quit downloading. Paypal and Chase CC. Paypal for some time, Chase recently. I have searched the community, and Quicken support. applied some answers to no avail. They were working fine. I do nothing unusual. All these manipulations to fix my problems take my time, strain my knowledge, and are making me want to go to another product. I am a user for 25 years plus. The level of fiddling nowadays is awful! I am at R40.21 Q Rental and Business.
    Hello @puggers

I am sorry to hear about these frustrating issues with account downloads. Thank you for reaching out about this here on the Quicken Community. 

In order to assist you further, I do need some additional information. Are you noticing any error messages when the downloading fails in either of these accounts? Also, are you attempting to download transactions via Web Connect from the financial institution website, or automatically via the One Step Updates?

I look forward to hearing your answers. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • puggers
    puggers Member ✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Chase CC-501 error on quicken server. Paypal, not sure. accidentally deleted my exisitng account while trying to delete a new account. Got some figuring to do. If Paypal hadn't stopped downloading, I wouldn't have made the delete mistake and be into this reconstruction time-wasting.
  • Quicken Jared
    puggers said:
    Chase CC-501 error on quicken server. Paypal, not sure. accidentally deleted my exisitng account while trying to delete a new account. Got some figuring to do.
    @puggers

Thank you for getting back to me about these download issues. I do apologize that these problems have been ongoing.

In regards to Chase, I recommend waiting 24 hours if this error message appeared recently; occasionally problems related to this message resolve themselves after a period of time. A recent Open Alert regarding Chase and connectivity issues was just resolved, which may be found here

I hope to hear back from you if you are able to confirm any possible error codes affecting the Paypal account. Note that it may be necessary to restore from a backup saved prior to when your account was deleted by navigating to File > Restore a Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Be sure to save backups frequently as they are useful in a wide variety of situations by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu mentioned previously. 

I look forward to hear any response you may be able to provide. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • puggers
    puggers Member ✭✭
    Waited a day. Now get CC 800. Went through the fixit, Said successful. nope CC-800.
  • Quicken Jared
    puggers said:
    Waited a day. Now get CC 800. Went through the fixit, Said successful. nope CC-800.
    Hello @puggers

Thank you for getting back to me with this recent development. I am sorry about this new error message causing further frustration.

It sounds as though the 'Fix It' option in the Update Summary was unsuccessful. I want to make sure that these additional steps have also been attempted. First, save a backup, then proceed through the following instructions in order:

First, deactivate the affected accounts:

1. Select Tools > Account List 
    2. If present, select the Show Hidden Accounts checkbox at the bottom of the Account List
    3. Select Edit on each account with this error and Deactivate them on the Online Services tab
    4. When finished, close the Account List.

Second, reactivate the accounts:

1. Select Tools > Add Account 
    2. Go through the process of re-adding the deactivated accounts to Quicken, providing the login credentials and answering any security questions, until you reach the screen where Quicken displays the Accounts Discovered at the financial institution
    3. Select to LINK each of the found accounts to the accounts you already have set up in Quicken. For accounts you don't want to link, select Don't add to Quicken. 

Error Message When Updating Accounts CC-800

You can read more about the CC-800 error message in the Support Article linked here.

I hope to hear back from you once more, if you have the chance to drop by again with updates.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 

• puggers
    puggers Member ✭✭
    The above process worked for Chase. It says Express Web Connect. Thank you.
  • Quicken Jared
    puggers said:
    The above process worked for Chase. It says Express Web Connect. Thank you.
    Hello @puggers,

Thank you so much for getting back to me with the results of those troubleshooting steps. I am very glad to hear that the issue with Chase connectivity seems to have been resolved.

Feel free to reach out again anytime with any additional questions or concerns. 

Thanks again,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.