My Quicken Delux No Longer Accurately Downloading Transactions

Whitney
Whitney Member ✭✭
I have a Windows 10 R40.21 Build 27.1.40.21 Deluxe and it is no longer reliably downloading transactions.

When I download transactions from BofA and/or Chase a number of the transactions will show as "Match" however when clicked those "matched" transactions all will match to an already cleared transaction that was matched months before.

So my work around has been to select "make all new" and that kinda works good except often times some transactions will just not download into the Quicken register using the One Step Update and then I have to spend hours reconciling the online bank statement to the Quicken register.

I have been using Quicken since the late 1990s and it has 99 percent of the time downloaded correctly however now it is more like only a 40 percent success rate.

Any help...PLEASE???

THANKS in advance!!!

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Whitney said:
    I have a Windows 10 R40.21 Build 27.1.40.21 Deluxe and it is no longer reliably downloading transactions.

When I download transactions from BofA and/or Chase a number of the transactions will show as "Match" however when clicked those "matched" transactions all will match to an already cleared transaction that was matched months before.

So my work around has been to select "make all new" and that kinda works good except often times some transactions will just not download into the Quicken register using the One Step Update and then I have to spend hours reconciling the online bank statement to the Quicken register.

I have been using Quicken since the late 1990s and it has 99 percent of the time downloaded correctly however now it is more like only a 40 percent success rate.

Any help...PLEASE???

THANKS in advance!!!
    Hello @Whitney

I am sorry to hear about this issue with transactions failing to match after an update. Thank you for seeking assistance here on the Quicken Community.

First, when did this issue begin? We recommend saving backups frequently by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Provided that this has been done often, it should be possible to restore from a recent backup saved just prior to when this issue emerged by going into the same menu and selecting File > Restore a Backup... I am curious about whether or not the behavior continues after this is attempted.

If this should fail to resolve the issue, save a backup, then create a 'test' data file by going to the same menu and selecting New Quicken File... Next, choose New Quicken File in the screen that follows, and then click OK. After this, choose a file location on your computer and then click Save. Choose Don't use mobile and web when prompted. You may then add your non-Charles Schwab affiliated accounts to online banking services and attempt to download transactions via One Step Updates to determine whether or not the issue continues.

I look forward to hearing your results after taking these steps. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Whitney
    Whitney Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the answer.

This has been going on for a number of months.

I do have the automatic save feature enabled so it is saved every couple of days.

I have tried saving the file, then opening up a different file and then returning to the original file in a vain attempt to get it to "reset" however it still does the issue.

Is there a way to repair a file?
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Whitney said:
    Thanks for the answer.

This has been going on for a number of months.

I do have the automatic save feature enabled so it is saved every couple of days.

I have tried saving the file, then opening up a different file and then returning to the original file in a vain attempt to get it to "reset" however it still does the issue.

Is there a way to repair a file?
    Hello @Whitney

Thank you for responding with further updates about what is happening. I do apologize that this issue is continuing. 

To be clear, the test file is not being created to reset your original data file. You would want to be sure to add your non-Charles Schwab accounts in the test data file by going into the Add Account button in the upper left-hand corner of the screen denoted by the '+' symbol. We are trying to determine if transactions are also failing to download and match in the test file. I am somewhat unclear if this is the case, so if you have the chance, please let me know whether or not transactions fail to download and match properly in both data files.

You can attempt to repair a data file by first saving a backup, then following the steps provided below:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Select Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Please note that this should not be attempted until we have determined whether or not the issue is occurring in both the original and test data files, and what the current connection method for the affected accounts happens to be. You can check the connection method by going to Tools > Account List in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then clicking the Edit button in the row associated with each affected account. You will find the necessary information in the Online Services tab under the Online Setup callout box.  Let us know what you find here, if you can.

I look forward to hearing any updates you may be able to provide, should you have the opportunity to check back in with us. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.