Duplicating Transactions in 'Stand-Alone System'

Options

Comments

• Diane Dobbins
    Options
    So freakin frustrated!!!!! Bought "stand-alone system" said Staples NOT!!! Updated and old (cloud membership) subscription duplicated all old transactions into "stand-alone system" Must find out where on earth a true stand alone accounting for simple small busimess lives and BUY IT. I hate this Quicken mess!!!!!
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So freakin frustrated!!!!! Bought "stand-alone system" said Staples NOT!!! Updated and old (cloud membership) subscription duplicated all old transactions into "stand-alone system" Must find out where on earth a true stand alone accounting for simple small busimess lives and BUY IT. I hate this Quicken mess!!!!!
    Hello @Diane Dobbins

I am sorry to hear about this frustrating problem with duplicate transactions. Thank you for looking to the Quicken Community for further discussion of this issue. 

Are you noticing this problem with accounts associated with one particular financial institution? If so, which ones? Also, do you mean to say that all accounts are being affected? Let us know if you have recently deactivated and reactivated any accounts for online banking services, as well. 

Save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then try deleting the duplicate transactions using the methods listed in this Support Article (look at the section entitled, 'To delete multiple duplicate transactions'). 

If so, you can check the location of your current active data file by going to File > Show this file on my computer... in the upper menu at the top of the screen, mentioned previously. Make sure that the data file is located on your computer and not on any external device or cloud-based storage service, as these can cause erratic program behavior. 

I look forward to working with you further on this issue, if necessary. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.