Failed attempt to add JetBlue Mastercard (barclaycardsus.com)

MikeHardy
MikeHardy Member ✭✭
Hi there! I've been using Quicken since 1997, no joke, so I can usually get things working.

- I just got a JetBlue MasterCard, which is actually a Barclays Card
- I have verified I can successfully login at both https://jetbluemastercard.com and https://barclaycardus.com
- I used to have some Barclays Cards before, connected to Quicken, I *know* that there is a "Barclays Bank" which is distinct from their credit cards user database etc
- I attempt to add a new credit card account in quicken, search for barclay in provider list, choose either of the two that connect to barclaycardus.com and get the error message:

"We couldn't get information about Barclay Card. This account will be set up as a manual account"

So, that's discouraging. There is a fair bit of traffic here in the discussions about problems with downloading from Barclay Cards periodically but nothing right now.

Is there some problem with Quicken regarding the Barclays provider info? Is there anything I can do to get this connected for online transaction download?

Thanks!

Best Answer

• [Deleted User]
    edited June 2022 Answer ✓
    If you go to Online Services tab, in Account details, and look right below the "Connection Method" is there an option to improve or upgrade the connection?  If not then that is the only connection available.  What is the Financial Institution that got filled in on the General tab when you downloaded transactions?

Answers

• @mikehardy - is there an option from either of your online accounts to download transactions (Web Connect) to Quicken?  If so, if you do that, the financial institution, along with other information, should then be filled in the Account Details.  Then if you look on the Online Services tab, you might see an option to "upgrade" to Express Web Connect or Direct Connect, which would allow you to download transactions from Quicken.  If you have a choice between the two connections, Direct Connect is the better choice.  The only caveat is some financial institutions charge for Direct Connect.
  • MikeHardy
    MikeHardy Member ✭✭
    So, I can go on to the bank website and download transactions as QFX of course, and quicken imports them fine, but there is no option to download as web connect to quicken.

When I search for "quicken" on the barclaycardus.com site that's what they say to do in fact:

"How do I download my transactions into my financial management software such as Quicken?
    Log in to your account and select Transactions from the Activity and Statements menu, then select Download transactions. Choose your financial software from the list provided and enter your preferred Beginning and Ending Dates. Then, click the Download button. If you are still having difficulty, click here to contact Quicken Support for further assistance."

But that means that I now have more than one step to bring accounts up to date: 1) do one step update 2) now log on to website for barclays card and manually surf over to transactions, download date range and import

It's a pain, doable but a pain.

I continue to get ""We couldn't get information about Barclay Card. This account will be set up as a manual account" from within Quicken and I think that's an error on Quicken's part.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2022 Answer ✓
    If you go to Online Services tab, in Account details, and look right below the "Connection Method" is there an option to improve or upgrade the connection?  If not then that is the only connection available.  What is the Financial Institution that got filled in on the General tab when you downloaded transactions?
  • MikeHardy
    MikeHardy Member ✭✭
    Boom! Thanks @Damian - I went to account details, the online services tab and there was no connection method because it was not connected at all yet, due to the strange error while trying to add the account in the first place.

But here, there was a chance to enter the user/pass for the barclaycardus.com site and lo and behold, through *this* path (but no other?) it worked. I'm connected now with WebConnect which is adequate for my needs - a good thing since there is no option there to improve connection after getting it to this point.

I still assert the error I received while adding the account is strange and should be corrected, but as long as I am back with all accounts in "one step update" territory again, I'm happy.

Thanks for the help
  • @mikehardy - you are welcome.  Glad you got it working.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    MikeHardy said: . I'm connected now with WebConnect which is adequate for my needs -
    If you open the downloaded QFX file with Notepad - scroll from the top and look for the <FID> info
    Let us know which Bank ID number is working - and we can look to see which Quicken entry is actually being used.
    This is the entry for Chase -
    <LANGUAGE>ENG
    <FI>
    <ORG>B1
    <FID>10898
    </FI>
    <INTU.BID>10898
    </SONRS>

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• MikeHardy
    MikeHardy Member ✭✭
    Sure, with org name in case it helps

<ORG>Barclays Bank Delaware<FID>4351</FI>
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    MikeHardy said:  <ORG>Barclays Bank Delaware<FID>4351</FI>
    This is the Quicken info - looks like the Express Web Connect should also be avail via One Step Update
    04351    04351    04351    Barclays Bank Delaware    https://www.barclaycardus.com/
    1-866-203-9560    https://www.barclaycardus.com/servicing/home?secureLogin=    ACTIVE  
    CREDIT&WEB-CONNECT
    BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• MikeHardy
    MikeHardy Member ✭✭
    Yep - it is available, I am able to do it via One Step update now, my problem is that it is not available during the "Add Account" flow. You receive the error above about not having any information about the bank. But after adding the account manually you may edit account / online services / add user/pass and connect there. So it is possible, it is just user un-friendly with an error message that makes no sense given you can connect later.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    MikeHardy said:  ... it is not available during the "Add Account" flow.
    Hmmm.... I'm on ... R38.30 -
    I did the + Add Account --> Barclays --> select the "Delaware" entry --> receive the prompt menu - ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.