Citi Costco Card All Messed Up

Have two problems with the Citi Card Download:
1. The download does not succeed on the first try. Sometimes 2nd or 3rd or resetup but not consistent..
2. This is the weirdest when it downloads, it brings down the current balance and activity but when I reconcile I am off by the transactions downloaded. When I check online with Citi these transactions are included in Citi's reconciled balance. Somehow the download is adding the amount of the download to my activity but not by the transactions downloaded. Very confused.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Have two problems with the Citi Card Download:
    1. The download does not succeed on the first try. Sometimes 2nd or 3rd or resetup but not consistent..
    2. This is the weirdest when it downloads, it brings down the current balance and activity but when I reconcile I am off by the transactions downloaded. When I check online with Citi these transactions are included in Citi's reconciled balance. Somehow the download is adding the amount of the download to my activity but not by the transactions downloaded. Very confused.
    Hello @JOHN PERRELLA,  

I am sorry to hear about these issues with account downloads. Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community about this matter.

Are you noticing any error messages after One Step Updates, or are transactions simply missing? Is this happening when trying to download QFX files? Please note that firewalls, pop-up blockers, antivirus software, and Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) can occasionally cause account connectivity problems that may result in transactions failing to download. It may be necessary to remove these or turn them off in order to troubleshoot this issue.

I hope to hear more from you soon about this, and I want to keep working with you on this problem if necessary. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    John - it sounds like Q may be adjusting the account opening balance by the $ value of the downloaded transactions. Its a known problem that sometimes occurs after resetting an account, one that I've experienced several times with my Citi checking account. To fix it, I enter offsetting transactions prior to the opening date of the account to bring things back into balance, or you can just calculate the original opening balance and adjust it.
  • Ray
    Ray Member ✭✭✭✭
    I have this happening too. If you have a transaction dated before the opening balance, Quicken might change the amount in your opening balance. Even if the opening balance is the first transaction, Quicken will sometimes change the amount. I enter the correct opening balance in the Memo field so I can compare to see it's been changed and change the date to make sure it's the first transaction.
This discussion has been closed.