Three accounts stuck in Bills and Income Tab

RBinNP
RBinNP Member ✭✭
One says "Account is locked"
The second says "account may be closed" - Yes! it was closed and deleted over 5 years ago from Quicken
The third simply says "Overdue" with amount
I have clicked "Manage Online Bills and Income" from the top right, but none of these accounts appears in the Bill and Income Reminders list.
Any ideas? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    RBinNP said:
    The second says "account may be closed" - Yes! it was closed and deleted over 5 years ago from Quicken
    The third simply says "Overdue" with amount
    I have clicked "Manage Online Bills and Income" from the top right, but none of these accounts appears in the Bill and Income Reminders list.
    Any ideas? Thanks in advance
    Hello @RBinNP,     

I am sorry to hear about these issues with locked account error messages. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community. 

When did these messages appear? Also, are they associated with the same financial institution? Finally, make sure that your active data file is located locally on your computer, rather than on an external device or in a cloud-based storage service. You may check this anytime by going to File > Show this file on my computer in the upper menu at the top of the screen. 

I look forward to hearing back from you about this, should you have the chance to check back in with us. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • RBinNP
    RBinNP Member ✭✭
    Jared, these messages first appeared after I updated to Version R40.21, Build 27.1.40.21
    All three accounts are for different financial institutions.
    My active data file is located locally on my computer.
    Would you like to review on my system? Please help!
    Thanks.
  • Quicken Jared
    RBinNP said:
    Jared, these messages first appeared after I updated to Version R40.21, Build 27.1.40.21
    All three accounts are for different financial institutions.
    My active data file is located locally on my computer.
    Would you like to review on my system? Please help!
    Thanks.
    Hello @RBinNP,     

I am sorry for any distress these issues have been caused. Thank you for providing me the answers to my earlier questions.

How often do you save backups? We recommend that these be saved frequently by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Provided that this has been done regularly, I recommend restoring from a recent backup saved just prior to when this issue emerged by navigating to the same menu and selecting File > Restore a Backup... I want to know if this behavior continues in the restored backup file. 

If this is not possible, or if the problem continues after you have restored from a backup, I recommend saving another backup then proceeding through the following instructions, in order:
    1. Navigate to File
    2. Select Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this is helpful, and I look forward to hearing back from you after you have attempted these instructions. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • RBinNP
    RBinNP Member ✭✭
    1. I save backups around the 1st of each month
    2. I did a Validate File, reopened Quicken; no luck - the problem remained.
    3. I restored from a month old backup (I had to recategorize and cleanup a bunch).
    One Bill reminder has cleared up, but for the other two Bill reminders - the problem remains: "Needs Attention" in the Bills & Income tab.
    Both are very old accounts and were never linked to an online bill.
    Both do not show in Bill and Income Reminders
    Other says "Account may be closed"
    Thanks again for any suggestions.
  • Quicken Jared
    RBinNP said:
    1. I save backups around the 1st of each month
    2. I did a Validate File, reopened Quicken; no luck - the problem remained.
    3. I restored from a month old backup (I had to recategorize and cleanup a bunch).
    One Bill reminder has cleared up, but for the other two Bill reminders - the problem remains: "Needs Attention" in the Bills & Income tab.
    Both are very old accounts and were never linked to an online bill.
    Both do not show in Bill and Income Reminders
    Other says "Account may be closed"
    Thanks again for any suggestions.
    Hello @RBinNP,         

I am sorry that this problem with bills is continuing after taking the steps provided earlier. Thank you for following up with me about your results.

Save a backup once more, then navigate to the Bills & Income tab. Next, go to Bills subtab, and then to the 'gear' icon in the upper right-hand side of the screen. Scroll your cursor over the Review and Repair option, then click on Review and Repair Online Billers.

Check back in with us about how this works, if and when you have a chance.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • RBinNP
    RBinNP Member ✭✭
    OK, that helped to Unlink the bill that was marked "Account may be closed". I went to Bill & Income Reminders and successfully deleted that bill.
    The last errant bill, AT&T, seems to have been linked to my real ATT bill reminder - and I had done a "Try Again" several times, with no luck. Now it got far enough to ask for login info; I then successfully deleted the bill in Bill & Income Reminders. I will add it again, without linking; all my reminders are without linking.
    All good now. Thanks for your help and your patience.
  • Quicken Jared
    RBinNP said:
    OK, that helped to Unlink the bill that was marked "Account may be closed". I went to Bill & Income Reminders and successfully deleted that bill.
    The last errant bill, AT&T, seems to have been linked to my real ATT bill reminder - and I had done a "Try Again" several times, with no luck. Now it got far enough to ask for login info; I then successfully deleted the bill in Bill & Income Reminders. I will add it again, without linking; all my reminders are without linking.
    All good now. Thanks for your help and your patience.
    Hello @RBinNP,    

I am happy to be of assistance, and thank you for checking back in with us to let us know about the results of previous troubleshooting, as well as for sharing the further steps you took to resolve the issue. I am glad to hear that everything now seems to be in order.

Feel free to reach out with any other questions or comments. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.