Quicken Mac Version 6.7.1

Options
JustOld
JustOld Member ✭✭
I like most of us have many passwords for many accounts, so have had to re-use one of them. This produced a duplicate in the Mac Keychain, which Quicken seems to have detected in the last two versions of the Quicken Software. Thus, when I sign into a particular bank, the Quicken stored password does not enter into the space. I have used Quicken since the Apple 68030's and DOS 3's versions, but this is a new problem for me. Any ideas? Keychain is not the issue, nor does safari, and Quicken stores the password, just doesn't enter it.

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Would deleting the duplicate keychain entry solve the problem? If so, you can edit the keychain using the Keychain Access.app which you get to from a Spotlight search.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • JustOld
    JustOld Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you Rick. I misspoke in that it is not a duplicate Keychain entry but rather a reused Password that Quicken seems to have detected. Probably not possible, but something has changed with the last two updates that didn't exist before.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    I would try disconnecting downloads for that bank. Then edit the keychain and remove any and all entries for that bank in all keychains. Then set up downloads again allowing Quicken to store the password in the keychain again. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.