Electronic Payee - Process Date error

Quicken's process date is incorrect. I set up a payment date of July 7th 2022 for an electronic payment payee I've been using for 10 years. Quick shows the process date as 6/29/22. I've tried cancelling the payment and setting it up again, rebooting my PC etc. Still wrong.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that a Quick Pay or a Check Pay payment?
    Consider the lead time requirements and the fact that there is a holiday near your payment date: 7/4.
  • GSW
    GSW Member ✭✭
    Hi. I'm not sure which it is. My bank is Bank of America and the payment is to ATandT Universal Card (handled by Citi). I input my payments directly on Bank of America's website and it ALWAYS downloads the "deliver by" date to the quicken register (which is 7/7/22 for this payee this time around). It's been doing this one for longer than 10 years....more like 20 years. And since it's electronic, the date of delivery can be one day for this payee . Today it has a "process date" showing of 6/29/22 instead the delivery by date Input on Bank of America of 7/7. The holiday should have zero to do with it. In fact, I decided to experiment and I made the date in Bank of America 7/14 and it changed the date in my quicken register to 7/8/2022. Something has changed and I can't see what it is.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope somebody else will chime in here to explain what, if anything, has changed.

Personally, I don't use Bill Pay services or Bill Manager at all, neither the one from Quicken nor the one offered by my bank. Since time "B.I." (before the Internet was invented) I have set up almost all of my recurring payments as Direct Debit, PAC Draft, Autopay, APS, whatever the biller calls it. Using the biller's website, I authorized the biller to electronically debit each payment directly from my checking or credit card account on due date. Now I can sit back, relax and wait for it to happen. Instead of having to arm-wrestle the software into making payment on time I let the biller do all the work for me.

When I get notified of a new statement having arrived, usually by email, all I have to do in Quicken is to run a regular scheduled reminder to record the transaction. Haven't missed a payment in many years.

I recommend you do the same instead of fighting the Bill Manager windmill, missing payments and getting slapped with penalty interest rates or late fees.

• GSW
    GSW Member ✭✭
    Thanks UKR. My thoughts around the way I've chosen to do it is mainly because my checking account (like everyone elses) carries cash in it I don't want that information provided to all of the various companies and websites because that, in my opinion, gives me more exposure to errors and fraud etc against hard cash. My method which started with Checkfree in the mid 90's and now my bank has worked beautifully with only minor issues once in a great while like the one we are discussing. I prefer to load my information (credit cards or other payees) in one place and keep my checking account credentials non-shared.
This discussion has been closed.