Error CC-503 for Optum Bank

I am unable to connect with Optum Bank since 6/6.  I get an error CC-503.  I am very certain that I am entering the correct credentials.  I noticed a similar error just posted for Q Mac, so I decided to post one here for Q Win.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @Damian

Thank you for reaching out and letting us know that you are experiencing this error, though I do apologize as that can be frustrating. 

Would you mind creating a test file and attempting to add the Optum Bank account(s) to see if you receive the same error? It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. Below are instructions on how to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

1. Select New Quicken File.

1. Click OK.
    2. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 

Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.

1. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 

1. Select to not use Mobile.
    2. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• [Deleted User]
    edited June 2022
    Hi @Quicken Jasmine  the CC-503 issue now seems to be resolved.  I tried setting up a test file yesterday, but that did not resolve the error.  I called Quicken Customer Support yesterday and they were not able resolve the issues (CC-503, CC-929, CC-800) while on the phone with me but gave me a case # and said the issue was being escalated (two tiers).  I am pretty sure that trying to connect too many times to correct the CC-503 caused the CC-929, and the CC-800 was caused by doing a restore to try to correct the CC-503.  The only error left this morning was CC-503, and now that's cleared.  The woman I dealt with at Quicken Customer Support was great.  I would give both them and her A+.

Bottom line, it's all good now.  
  • Quicken Jasmine
    edited June 2022
    Hello @Damian

Thank you for updating me and I am more than happy to hear that all the errors are resolved and that you had a great experience with Quicken Support. 

Just to clarify, a test file would not resolve the error. Test files are used for isolating the error and determining why the error is occurring. Hence, if the error does not occur in the test file and then that usually means there is an issue with your active file causing the error. If the error does occur in the test file then that would mean there is a bigger issue at hand. 

I hope that clears things up a bit!

-Quicken Jasmine

• [Deleted User]
    edited June 2022
    @Quicken Jasmine the intent of the test file was perfectly clear to me.  I misspoke.  I should have said that the errors occurred in the test file as well.  That is when I knew I needed to call Quicken Support.   
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @Damian,

I see now, I apologize for the miscommunication!

Have a great day!

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.