Quicken Windows subscription - won't accept my password

I wasn't able to open Quicken, so I re-installed. after I reinstalled, I tried to open. It brought up the data file, but required me to log in. It wouldn't accept my password. I changed my password about four times. Each time, it said that the update was successful but when I tried to log in it wouldn't let me. I *can* log into the Quicken website through a browser, but can't log into the Quicken app. What is wrong and how can I fix this??????

Comments

• probasco
    probasco Member
    The actual error message says "Invalid credentials" but when I try to fix that, it directs me to change the password.
  • Which password are you having issues with?  Is it the Quicken ID or the password to open your Quicken data file?
  • probasco
    probasco Member
    Data file password - which I don't recall ever having before. I tried not only the new passwords but also the password that I've used for years.
  • Here is a link to a support article that might help you with your data file password - 

https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-assisted-password-removal-service

Note:  This service cannot help with Quicken ID password issues.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Data File Password has been mentioned in other threads, and usually indicates a corrupted Quicken data file that needs to be Restored from a Backup. 

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.