Unable to add new capital one 360 account

ericrose12
ericrose12 Member ✭✭
I am able to download all my capital one data without any issues. I am trying to add a new capital one 360 checking account but after I authorize via the pop-out to Capital One website - I get a success message but quicken keeps generating error message.
I get Institution Login Sync Error (Error code: BID = 1236)

Since I am able to download my data to my existing account this makes no sense. I am just trying to add a new account from the same login.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    I am able to download all my capital one data without any issues. I am trying to add a new capital one 360 checking account but after I authorize via the pop-out to Capital One website - I get a success message but quicken keeps generating error message.
    I get Institution Login Sync Error (Error code: BID = 1236)

Since I am able to download my data to my existing account this makes no sense. I am just trying to add a new account from the same login.
    Hello @ericrose12,    

I do apologize about this issue with BID errors. Thank you for bringing this issue up for discussion here on the Quicken Community.

First, are you making use of any Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), firewalls, antivirus software, or pop-up blockers? Occasionally, these can cause connectivity issues that result in errors of the variety you are describing. It may be necessary to turn these off or remove them in order to troubleshoot this issue.

Also, where is your current active data file located? You can check this anytime by going to File > Show (Data File name will be listed here) in Finder. Make sure that your data file is located on your computer and not on external drives or cloud-based storage services, as these can cause erratic program behavior or even data damage.

I look forward to working further on this with you, if necessary.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • ericrose12
    ericrose12 Member ✭✭
    Jared,

I am not using any VPN, etc... I am using Safari as the browser to log into Capital One during the Pop-Out from Quicken,

The Data file is located on my local hard drive in the ...Documents/Quicken folder.

Thanks,
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Jared,

I am not using any VPN, etc... I am using Safari as the browser to log into Capital One during the Pop-Out from Quicken,

The Data file is located on my local hard drive in the ...Documents/Quicken folder.

Thanks,
    Hello @ericrose12,       

Thank you for getting back to me about this problem with adding accounts. I do apologize that this problem is continuing.

First, how often do you save backups? We recommend saving backups often by going to File > Save a Backup... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Provided that this has been done regularly, there should be a backup available for restoration; you can restore from a backup saved before this issue emerged by going to File > Restore from Backup... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. I am curious if these BID errors continue to appear in this restored backup file.

I look forward to hearing back from you about this.  

Thanks again,

Quicken Jared 
  • mike_n
    mike_n Member ✭✭
    edited June 2022
    [Removed - Violation of Community Guidelines]
This discussion has been closed.