Entering Automatic bills that are pulled from my checking account

I have set up quite a few automatic bill payers that debit my checking account for the monthly payment. I have them set up in bill reminder and I want them to automatically show up as upcoming transactions in my checking account. Right now, I have to manually go to bill reminders and tell Quicken to post this months transaction to my checking account. How do I set this up to happen automatically, say 2 weeks before they are pulled so I now how much I need to be available?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

You can show future scheduled reminder transactions in your register as if they were real transactions already. Click the clock icon in the upper right hand corner of the register to turn this feature on or off or control what it shows.

If the clock icon doesn't show, click the Actions gear icon instead and select "Reminders to show in register".

Answers

• @mgene - all you need to do is right click on your reminder and choose "Edit this instance and all future instances" and under "Optional features"  and to the right of "Remind me in 3 days in advance" click on "Change" - you will then see a settings box where you can change reminder options.

You can change the lead time and also have the reminder automatically entered into your register.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

You can show future scheduled reminder transactions in your register as if they were real transactions already. Click the clock icon in the upper right hand corner of the register to turn this feature on or off or control what it shows.

If the clock icon doesn't show, click the Actions gear icon instead and select "Reminders to show in register".

• MGene
    MGene Member ✭✭
    Thanks. That worked. Appreciate the help.
This discussion has been closed.