hidden transactions

after the update several of my accounts hide transactions after update, the balance matches my bank, but the transactions are not visible, when I put them in and try to balance to online value it ignores the manual transactions, also I have several accounts at the bank and it will not get all the transactions at one time, when I try to redo the online banking it only lets me look at one account, before the release, I could get all the transactions at once for that bank

Comments

• @blake7mstr - Doublecheck to make sure you are sorting by date in ascending order.  Also make sure there aren't any filters in place.  The search box s/b empty and there should be no green "Reset" button and if there is one, click on it to make it disappear.  
  • blake7mstr
    blake7mstr Member
    did all of that, did a search for the amount, did a validation of the data no change, next will be to restore to a previous version of the file
  • @blake7mstr - I know you must have tried several troubleshooting steps to get this issue resolved, but have you done a "File Copy"?  That is one additional thing you can try before restoring a backup.

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

Otherwise, restoring a backup file may be your only option.
  • blake7mstr
    blake7mstr Member
    did the copy and validate the copy still the same problem
  • I am very sorry to hear that those troubleshooting steps didn't resolve the issue.  I have one last suggestion before you go and restore a backup.  Do you sync with mobile or the web?  If so, turn that off and see if that fixes the issue.

• blake7mstr
    blake7mstr Member
    don't use sync, I had problems with it years ago deleting transactions in unrelated accounts and stopped using it. I have the previous version of quicken on another pc and did a down load on it and it worked fine, the missing transactions showed up and the balance is correct for that account. as far as I can tell the version update scrambled my accounts and transactions
  • blake7mstr
    blake7mstr Member
    did the restore, apparently quickens idea of a restore is different than mine, the file is in ever worse shape than before I started, it's as though they could not find my beginning balance
  • @blake7mster - that "opening balance" issue has been happening lately with accounts that use Express Web Connect.  Hopefully once you correct your beginning balance you are able to reconcile.  What some users have done is put the opening balance amount in the memo field.
  • blake7mstr
    blake7mstr Member
    that was it exactly, I had to rebuild my account pretty much from the ground up and found that the starting balence was changed in all accounts, when will quickent correct the issue
This discussion has been closed.