Entered Reminders not Overwritten with Match

Options
pgab
pgab Member ✭✭
I’ve recently started using Bill Reminders, though I have used Loans for a long time.

The reminder transactions are entered and in an Uncleared status. When I download transactions, I try to manually match. The downloaded transaction is then itself entered, but it does not overwrite the reminders; I end up with duplicates.

With Loans, the download replaces the reminder without having to delete it manually.

Am I missing a setting or something?

Comments

• pgab
    pgab Member ✭✭
    Options
    After troubleshooting other issues, I am pretty sure now that what I saw was not an issue with Quicken, but related to something going on with the data download from bank.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    pgab said:
    After troubleshooting other issues, I am pretty sure now that what I saw was not an issue with Quicken, but related to something going on with the data download from bank.
    Hello @pgab

I am sorry to hear that you were experiencing this problem with downloading information and matching transactions in the register. Thank you for speaking with us about this here on the Quicken Community.

It sounds as though you have made some progress in isolating the issue, however; I am curious what connection method is being used in the affected account(s) to link each of them to online banking services. You can verify this anytime by going to Tools > Account List and then clicking on the Edit button in the row associated with the affected accounts. Next, go to the Online Services tab in the new window that appears afterward. The information we are looking for should be found under the Online Setup callout box.

I look forward to hearing your answer. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It may not be the Renaming Rules.
    It may simply be the transaction date you put on the scheduled reminders:
    What date do you put on the reminders, e.g. 6/1?
    What date is downloaded with the bank's transaction, e.g. 5/30?
    If the reminder's date is in the future of the bank transaction date, Quicken won't match and will add a new transaction.
This discussion has been closed.