Unable to pay my PayPal account

Options
In reviewing the ongoing QuickPay issue with Chase (ticket #8969126), I believe I am having the same issue paying my PayPal Credit bill.  

I am able to schedule my PayPal bill using QuickPay in Bill Manager.  However, when Quicken attempts to process my scheduled payment, it always fails.  I then receive an email from Quicken stating:

"Payment failed

Reason:

Your payment was canceled because PayPal requires that you enter a new one-time code verification. Please try your payment again and enter the one-time verification code."

Please note it says try the payment again and enter the one-time verification code.  There is no way to enter a verification code at the time the payment is being processed by Quicken servers.  Even if I refresh the bill and, if prompted, enter a verification code, when I submit the payment again, I receive the same failure.  

So in the case of Chase, your suggestion to update your bill in the Bills & Income tab, and completing the authentication prior to making a payment does not work for PayPal.  

Please advise.

Thank you

Howard

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HJR said:
    In reviewing the ongoing QuickPay issue with Chase (ticket #8969126), I believe I am having the same issue paying my PayPal Credit bill.  

I am able to schedule my PayPal bill using QuickPay in Bill Manager.  However, when Quicken attempts to process my scheduled payment, it always fails.  I then receive an email from Quicken stating:

"Payment failed

Reason:

Your payment was canceled because PayPal requires that you enter a new one-time code verification. Please try your payment again and enter the one-time verification code."

Please note it says try the payment again and enter the one-time verification code.  There is no way to enter a verification code at the time the payment is being processed by Quicken servers.  Even if I refresh the bill and, if prompted, enter a verification code, when I submit the payment again, I receive the same failure.  

So in the case of Chase, your suggestion to update your bill in the Bills & Income tab, and completing the authentication prior to making a payment does not work for PayPal.  

Please advise.

Thank you

Howard

Hello @HJR

I am sorry to hear about this issue with payments in Bill Manager. Thank you for reaching out about this here on the Quicken Community.

To start with, I suggest you try to Review and Repair Online billers. Before this, save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. After that, please navigate to the Bills & Income tab and click on the gear icon on the top-right. Then, click on Review and Repair > Review and Repair Online Billers in the dropdown menu.

You can also try Review and Repair > Review and Repair Payments.

Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

I look forward to hearing about your results. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.