categories changing in subsequent Wells Fargo Bank account downloads

dalrad1
dalrad1 Member ✭✭
Using Quicken for Windows on Mac; anyone have ideas how to prevent Quicken from re-categorizing a transaction following account updates? Thanks for your insight.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    dalrad1 said:
    Using Quicken for Windows on Mac; anyone have ideas how to prevent Quicken from re-categorizing a transaction following account updates? Thanks for your insight.
    Hello @dalrad1

I am sorry to hear about this problem with downloading and incorrect transaction data. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community. 

In order to provide further advice, I will first need to know what connection method is being used to add or link the accounts to online banking services. You can check this by navigating to  Tools > Account List and then clicking on the Edit button in the row associated with the affected accounts. Next, go to the Online Services tab in the new window that appears afterward. The information we are looking for should be found under the Online Setup callout box.

I look forward to hearing your answer regarding this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2022
    @dalrad1 - categorization or re-categorization is not bank specific on Quicken.  To remove automatic categorization with a transaction update, go to Edit->Preferences->Download transactions, and uncheck "Automatically categorize transactions".  Keep in mind this will prevent all transactions from all financial institutions being automatically categorized during an account update.

• dalrad1
    dalrad1 Member ✭✭
    Quicken Jared:
    I am using Direct Connect.
This discussion has been closed.