"Invalid Credentials" - can't log into Quicken software

cbrk
cbrk Member ✭✭
As you can see here, a lot of people here are unable to login and use the Quicken software anymore. Quicken must have stuffed up something big at the backend.

At the moment we are locked out from our financial data, which is a big issue (at least for me, anyone else?) Until it is resolved, please release an update so that we can skip the login screen and continue to work on our existing files. If you are worried about pirated version etc, feel free to disable the function to create new Quicken files in this "emergency version".

By the way, I would love to see an extension of our subscription for the days that we cannot use the software. Why do we have to pay for the time that we cannot use the software? This is fair, right?

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can't mouse-click the Password field to make it come active and allow you to enter your password, have you tried to click the "X" button in the upper right of the window? In another discussion on this subject, this was suggested as a workaround so that you can access your data file. You may have to try this a couple of times until the window stays closed.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Try starting Quicken with your network disabled.

As for the rest, that is about as likely as I will be traveling to the moon next Monday.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • cbrk
    cbrk Member ✭✭
    > @UKR said:
    > If you can't mouse-click the Password field to make it come active and allow you to enter your password, have you tried to click the "X" button in the upper right of the window? In another discussion on this subject, this was suggested as a workaround so that you can access your data file. You may have to try this a couple of times until the window stays closed.

Thanks for your suggestion, but my problem was that I got the error message "Invalid credential" when I tried to login. I still have no way to get in yet...
  • cbrk
    cbrk Member ✭✭
    > @Chris_QPW said:
    > Try starting Quicken with your network disabled.
    >
    > As for the rest, that is about as likely as I will be traveling to the moon next Monday.

Thank you for your suggestion, but after I blocked the Internet connection, Quicken shows the error message "Please check internet connection and try again." with a Retry button, and I cannot get past that screen... :s
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to disable your network connection.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • cbrk
    cbrk Member ✭✭
    > @Greg_the_Geek said:
    > You have to disable your network connection.

I tried disabling the network connection for my Internet in "Change adapter options" as well, but got the same error message... Or should I disable it in somewhere else?
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Click Disable in Advanced network setting.

Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Actually, I'm not really surprised that disabling the network didn't work, it was a long shot.

From what I have seen Quicken's behavior for the login is that if you have successfully logged in, and then from then on disable the network when using Quicken it will be in "offline mode" and not prompt for the login information.

But Quicken does maintain some kind of "last login worked" state locally, and if the "last login" state is "fail" then it will insist on logging in.
    Signature:
  • elisimpson
    elisimpson Member ✭✭
    Yes. We need some kind of temporary workaround to access our data while this issue is worked through. Complete loss of access to critical financial data is unacceptable. It's been almost a week for me. Please provide a hotfix to disable the login requirement. You can make it a separate download that only people who are affected by the issue need to install.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you getting the "Invalid Credentials" error?

Just a shot in the dark ...

Have you customized your system and/or your browser settings to Disable Java Script?

If so, try enabling Java Script, reboot and try the failing logon again.

• elisimpson
    elisimpson Member ✭✭
    I can log in fine in the browser. It's only the Quicken Windows app that fails at the log in screen.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    without searching the other topics -
    Please add...  version - .... Help --> About Quicken
    and if out of US -
    using a VPN - and if the VPN is using a "split" stack

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• mjbeng
    mjbeng Member
    I let my subscription expire and now wish to renew however I get the error message "invalid credentials" when trying to log in. It will not let me set up a new account either, it just reverts back to same error message. Is there any suggestion haow to get back on track with my expired account ?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    mjbeng said:
    I let my subscription expire and now wish to renew however I get the error message "invalid credentials" when trying to log in. It will not let me set up a new account either, it just reverts back to same error message. Is there any suggestion haow to get back on track with my expired account ?
    My suggestion would be to contact Quicken Support.  Given that you want to give them more money for the subscription I would bet they would be very happy to help you work through a problem that prevents that.

Contact Quicken Support
    Signature:
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    cbrk said: As you can see here, a lot of people here are unable to login and use the Quicken software anymore.
    please let us know if you are using Quicken outside of the US -
    also if via a VPN -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    elisimpson said: Yes. We need some kind of temporary workaround to access our data
    also if via a VPN -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    mjbeng said: I let my subscription expire and now wish to renew
    however I get the error message "invalid credentials" when trying to log in.
    also if via a VPN -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    [EDIT] - also - there are now TWO different "credentials" topic threads -
    - one for users in domestic US
    - one for users outside US
    please try and post in the appropriate topic to help the Quicken support folks follow each area -
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7915788

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• susanlomax
    susanlomax Member
    Unable to get signed in, invalid credential message, cannot reset account with multiple tries, support suggests waiting period, no help, reset, no help, disconnect vpn, no help, deactivate security on system, no help. This is an encryption issue, on Quicken end. The invalid credential screen is for Home and Business, my license is for Premier Windows 10.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unable to get signed in, invalid credential message, cannot reset account with multiple tries, support suggests waiting period, no help, reset, no help, disconnect vpn, no help, deactivate security on system, no help. This is an encryption issue, on Quicken end. The invalid credential screen is for Home and Business, my license is for Premier Windows 10.
    Is it possible that your Firewall is blocking a Quicken process from establishing an outbound Internet connection, thus causing the "invalid credential" error?
    Looking for something else, I was just looking through my Norton Recent History log and happened to see a number of entries explicitly allowing Quicken processes access thru the firewall.
    Check your firewall log file and look for messages about blocked connections. If you can, or with help from your firewall vendor support center, change these blocks to "allow".

• susanlomax
    susanlomax Member
    I have already permitted the Quicken program and Quicken.exe through the firewall and restarted it twice. Please note that the invalid credentials screen that comes up is for a Quicken product I don't own. The file encryption is erroneous. This is a problem with Quicken, please note the number of support requests for this problem starting in the last week of June and continuing through today. It's an issue that needs a patch, but if you can't log on you can't download a patch.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    susanlomax said:   Unable to get signed in, invalid credential message,
    [EDIT] - also - there are now TWO different "credentials" topic threads -
    - one for users in domestic US
    - one for users outside US
    please try and post in the appropriate topic to help the Quicken support folks follow each area -
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7915788

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never mind the feature level, HB&R vs Premier, Deluxe or Starter ... whatever is shown now is incorrect because the Quicken software on your PC can't obtain your subscription profile from the Quicken server.
    Once the "invalid credentials" problem is resolved, the correct feature level will be in effect.
    What firewall software do you use? Do you have the latest firewall software release installed? Check with the firewall vendor to see if additional rules related to Quicken software need to be installed.
  • elisimpson
    elisimpson Member ✭✭
    99.999% it's not a firewall issue. It's an issue with Quicken blacklisting IP addresses, specifically non-US IPs and VPN IPs. See this comment by user dballing:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20280807#Comment_20280807

Most of the VPN IPs he tried were blacklisted, but with the help of a Quicken tech they found one that was ok.

Quicken should immediately remove this asinine IP address blocking. Any hacker worth their salt can get around it easily. It the meantime paying customers are locked out of their software for WEEKS.
  • myownsense
    myownsense Member ✭✭
    Yep. I spent many hours over many days trying to figure this out because the responses I was getting from every source I could find were saying to change your password or wait a few days. Well, you could change your password and then wait for Jesus to come again and it won't help. Quicken has jacked-up their software on purpose. You're screwed if you travel or live outside the U.S. and try to logon to your Quicken account. Same if you use a VPN. Ridiculous. Utterly flipping ridiculous.
This discussion has been closed.