Newest 42.8 Update has messed up matching downloaded transactions

Options
pab1
pab1 Member ✭✭
Newest update has messed up the automatic matching of transactions.
Previously, if you entered a transaction into the register that had been downloaded but in the unmatched transactions, it would automatically recognize it, accept it and move it to the upper/cleared and Matched Transactions. It no longer does that. You have to go and match it manually. This occurs in both banking and credit card accounts.

Comments

• ncovitz
    ncovitz Member ✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Just realized this is a dup discussion, removed my comment
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    pab1 said:
    Newest update has messed up the automatic matching of transactions.
    Previously, if you entered a transaction into the register that had been downloaded but in the unmatched transactions, it would automatically recognize it, accept it and move it to the upper/cleared and Matched Transactions. It no longer does that. You have to go and match it manually. This occurs in both banking and credit card accounts.
    Hi @pab1 ,

If the update, messes up, transactions, simple restore the last manual Backup, or restore the update backup, the update created. This is what Backups are for.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• pab1
    pab1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Restoring latest backup is my last resort, as I had entered several hours worth of data into Quicken before I realized the update was corrupt. Wouldn't it make more sense for Quicken to realize their mistake and fix the software issue that caused this problem?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    pab1 said:
    Restoring latest backup is my last resort, as I had entered several hours worth of data into Quicken before I realized the update was corrupt. Wouldn't it make more sense for Quicken to realize their mistake and fix the software issue that caused this problem?
    Even if they found that they made a mistake that corrupted your data, they wouldn't be able to "uncorrupt" your data file.  Not mention even to find and fix the problem might take a long time.

And that even assumes that they look for and find a problem.  One person having such a problem out of thousands is most likely going to be written off as a one-time glitch.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • thecreator
    Options
    pab1 said:
    Hi @pab1 ,

That is not possible. Each User doesn't do the same thing that the other User does.
    I use CCleaner Free, each day as well as Glary Utilities5. I keep a lean mean computer. Thus, I read the problems, others are having, which I don't see occurring in my operating systems and installations of Quicken.

Next time, you install a Quicken Update, restart the computer and after you are back to the Desktop, load Quicken and go into About Quicken and see the Version of Quicken you are running.

• nevetsgne
    nevetsgne Member ✭✭
    Options
    The file is not corrupt, the work around is to just click on the account in the list, this would move it to the to to as "matched". Once you "accept" the transaction goes back down as "accepted", usually I like to clean up the "downloaded transaction (xx)" so I just click on the account, instead of "finish later".
  • nevetsgne
    nevetsgne Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @ncovitz said:
    > Just realized this is a dup discussion, removed my comment

@ncovitz - What dup discussion?
  • nevetsgne
    nevetsgne Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @pab1 said:
    > Newest update has messed up the automatic matching of transactions.
    > Previously, if you entered a transaction into the register that had been downloaded but in the unmatched transactions, it would automatically recognize it, accept it and move it to the upper/cleared and Matched Transactions. It no longer does that. You have to go and match it manually. This occurs in both banking and credit card accounts.

@pab1 - Read my reply
  • retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chris_QPW said:
    pab1 said:

And that even assumes that they look for and find a problem.  One person having such a problem out of thousands is most likely going to be written off as a one-time glitch.
    You said this in another dup thread:  Please note that this is "refresh bug", it wasn't intentionally done.  Hopefully they will get it fixed soon.

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

• rlbloom113
    rlbloom113 Member
    Options
    Same thing happening to me. It needs to be fixed ASAP since I generally don't enter transactions until after they're downloaded.That's a lot of unnecessary manual matching.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Once you have edited and saved the register transaction so that it now matches the downloaded transaction, try clicking the transaction in the Downloaded Transaction tab again. It should now switch to show "Match" and allow you to accept it as usual.
  • thecreator
    Options
    Same thing happening to me. It needs to be fixed ASAP since I generally don't enter transactions until after they're downloaded.That's a lot of unnecessary manual matching.

Hi @"rlbloom113

In order to match downloaded transactions to transactions in your register, the scheduled transactions must be entered into the register, not just shown in the register. You can't match Scheduled Transactions to downloaded transactions, unless the Scheduled Transactions are entered.

• rmartin
    rmartin Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I download transactions and manually enter them into the register based off what downloads. Once the transaction is manually entered into the register, the downloaded one automatically show's "Match". I then accept and clear it. This was broken when the last update was pushed. The resolution from support was to manually match, which defeats the entire purpose and is not an option for me. I’ve been using this product for over 20 years and entering all my transactions on one account this way for the past 10. I’ve been wanting to change apps for awhile now as the product has continuously gotten worse over the years. Historical data and routines are the only reasons I have not moved on. This is a big enough issue for me to look elsewhere.
  • Michael K
    Michael K Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have an issue where transactions downloaded from Citi credit card do no match transactions that were manually entered doubling the entries in the register. The transactions I manually entered are marked as cleared and the downloaded transactions are also entered and marked as cleared. I'm using R42.19 and the issue started before the update.
This discussion has been closed.